2024 Big 12 Recruiting Rankings UPDATE 2/8/24 Raised to #47 (Added Transfer Rank)

So Far for 2024 Big 12 National per 247Sports

1. Texas Tech - 23
  2. UCF - 29
  3. TCU - 38
  4. Cincy - 43
  5. Arizona - 44
  6. WV - 46
  7. Kansas - 49
  8. Arizona St - 50
  9. Iowa St - 52
  10. Okie St - 55
  11. Baylor - 61
  12. Colorado - 66
  13. Utah - 65
  14. BYU - 68
  15. UH - 94
  16. Kansas St - 98
6 Likes

Not last!

5 Likes

What’s the difference? It’s still awful.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry that much about it. Utah and Kansas State are doing okay on the field.

2 Likes

I must have heard this a million times:

“As soon as UH is made a P5, they will dominate the recruiting rankings due to all of the 4 and 5 stars in the Houston area”

Remember…how afraid everyone was of that prospect??

Now…enter a horrible recruiter like CDH…and we are FIFTEENTH in a conference with ZERO BLUE BLOOD schools…unacceptable!

EVEN Iowa State is destroying us…not Iowa…Iowa State!

This is current, we are currently a P5 program!
What are the reasons…err…excuses???

18 Likes

Definitely disappointing but at the same time it’s not like the class is close to finished. I’ll wait til the final tallies to make my judgement.

2 Likes

Yeah this is pretty disgraceful. Dana just doesn’t seem to care about recruiting. He’ll bet on the transfer portal.

10 Likes

I never thought UH would dominate recruiting in the Houston area since there are examples out there.

TCU doesn’t dominate DFW. Miami doesn’t dominate Miami and Georgia Tech doesn’t dominate Atlanta.

That was the fear of Big 12 schools to keep us out.

The sad thing is with a Head Coach that had a pleasant personality and leadership qualities you’re statement would be true.

5 Likes

Are you aware of how far behind UH is right now?

They aren’t going to play catch up……I promise you what you see now is very close to what you will see at the end of the cycle….

The program is just spinning it’s wheels.

5 Likes

Recruiting is a grind….if it doesn’t come easy he is not putting in the time.

2 Likes

Ha! Our secret misinformation campaign work. Suckers. They didn’t realize our head coach sucks at recruiting.

2 Likes

TCU just went to the National Championship Game!

They won the Big 12 in their 1st or 2nd year.

Big difference.

2 Likes

Was afraid to look at but glad that I did.

WE’RE NOT LAST!!!

4 Likes

Yah I’m not a sunshine pumper or anything but I’ve also never believed there was any chance Dana was going to get moved out this year, so with that in mind I’m just going to reserve judgement til we have the complete picture on both the season and the recruiting class.

2 Likes

As is the case every time this gets posted, you will be disappointed every single time you look at list due to UH’s use of the portal. Each post will be the same…every…single…time. All the same people will pat you on the back for making this “observation” and you will all cheer each other on for being so “astute”.

2 Likes

But We’re this close to the best class since Yeoman.

2 Likes

Don’t grasp the point of a internet board too well I take it

1 Like

Ok fine.

“UH’s use of the portal.”

I’m all for adding pieces from the portal.

But to have to depend on it as your main source of players is flat out lazy.

Get your a$$ out of the office and get after it….you may not be home for dinner every night but quit short changing the fans and alumni of The University of Houston.

8 Likes

Only 8 commits so far will keep the rank low, same for I ain’t hard to find with 9 commits and KSU with 7, all of which utilize the portal more obviously.

I don’t think loading up 20 3 stars like ISU, WV and others have done is the answer but I do envy what Tech, UCF, and TCU have done so far and good mix would be ideal.

1 Like