22-23 Schedule Speculation, Confirmation, etc

To no one’s surprise except to maybe yours, that meaningless scrimmage was discussed in this forum at great length last year.

Illinois. The most oversold piece of garbage. But for our lackluster play in the first half of that game, we would have put at least 30 points between us and them. Wish we would have. They “thought” they were the bomb.

3 Likes

LOL…hope you enjoyed the discussion and it had a positive impact on your life…

1 Like

It was a comment made to reinforce your memory “capacity”.

My memory is just fine but thanks for the concern…lol
Now go rehash all the great scrimmages we have had with whoever will listen…

2 Likes

Not concerned. It’s just been on display, repeatedly and pointed out so.

I can actually remember losing scrimmages to much less in our lean years.
I am not sure why this is even a discussion. I am thinking our guys are going to take advantage of any competitive situation. In the grand scheme it is a learning experience and the score doesn’t really matter. Though losing to lower level school before the season was an inductor things to come just like whiling the floor with some very talented players at ut.

Ain’t no one gonna want to scrimmage us this year lol

4 Likes

Montana Tech?

1 Like

This seems like the year to call Mark Few back up and see if theyd still be down for a neutral site game in Salt Lake or Vegas.

1 Like

I get that it was a nightmare by sitting in exit line in the lot for 30 minutes after several of the games. Also, we are among the last to leave so by the time we get to the car, the lot should be nearly empty.

I remember when scheduling good teams was a challenge because of the facilities and how UH’s RPI impact was not worth the risk to the big names. Flash forward to today and now UH’s toughness and positive RPI impact are now an obstacle. Must be some weird RPI “sweet spot” that a program must hit to get quality opponents.

2 Likes

Lol

Illinois was garbage. And to prove it had we not played like garbage for twenty minutes we would have exposed them as garbage.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DavidHallVP/status/1533168125499301890

Norfolk State on our schedule.

This will be a nice one.

9 Likes

Never heard of them

2 Likes

They are a good low level program, made NCAAs last two seasons

1 Like

quick google search on them
24-7 last year, 176 in kenpom, great record but lost to any team with a heart beat … competitve-ish games with new mexico and wichita… absolute blowouts vs baylor and xavier
they return every single rotation player but 1, including their star player MEAC POY who is using his 5th year
https://twitter.com/coachbigjoe4/status/1522199001436766208

not bad for a buy game, we’ll likely beat them probably comfortably, but this isnt a roll the ball out and automatically win type game

1 Like

Uhhhhhh…it’s the MEAC…and we are UH.

25+ point victory for us.

PRINT IT!!!

7 Likes

Exactly. We whooped Texas St & Louisiana bad and they’re better programs than Norfolk St

They’re from Norfolk.