AEW at Fertitta Center

I’m team Geno Hernandez and Chris Adams.

1 Like

Don’t really care about wrestling shows but I do care about UH getting the benefit of filling the arena a few extra times.
Some of the events I know we have hosted are wrestling, the Globetrotters and Professional Bull Riding.

1 Like

Thinking I remember going to Delmar Field House to watch some UH home games . . . . .

I remember Irish Danny McShane, Ivan, Putsky, Cyclone Anaya and a bunch of others whose names escape me.

2 Likes

Wahoo McDaniel

Tickets are selling. Hoping for a sell out since it helps the school. Tickets are now just $29 dollars.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s still good even tho he wrestles just on special occasions. Here is the link for tickets. https://www.allelitewrestling.com/aew-events

Sting was always a WCW wrestler unless I missed a move to the WWF late in his career.

Gustavo Mendoza the Cuban Assassin
The sheepherders

WWF bought WCW and the rights to all the history. Maybe that is what the previous poster was referencing? Otherwise, Sting has never wrestled for WWF/WWE and I believe vowed never to do so.

Sting did actually briefly wrestle for WWE a few years back. Would love to see one of his now-trademark insane dives at Fertitta Center.

2 Likes

Watch Sting's Return to the Ring on TNT for the First Time in 20 Years | AEW Dynamite, 8/18/21 - YouTube it was so cool seeing him last time AEW came to town! Awesome to see them fight in the club section with all the UH decal in the background

1 Like

I was there! Darby Allin who is Stings partner tight walked that little thin baracade to the tunnel where the Coogs enter the court from and jumped off of it onto an opponent. It was some great balance and agility!

1 Like

“Show”???

Don’t know what you mean by “Show”???

It is 100% real. They only call it “entertainment” to bypass athletic regulators in over regulated areas.

The matches are 100% above board and any rumors of rehearsals are just legends.

:sunglasses:

I was definitely a casual fan that had only started watching a few weeks prior, that show at Fertitta kickstarted my love for wrestling again and I’ve been All Elite ever since! Great mix of my childhood heroes and new stars in the making

1 Like

The beatings their bodies take are incredible. FWIW, All Elite Wrestling pays everyone on their roster a salary of at least $300k, though they do use some jobbers on the road. Too, they have medical benefits, etc.

Wrestling can’t bill itself as a sport because the matches have predetermined outcomes. Too, wrestling promotions can duck the state boxing commissions which have very strict medical exams for the boxers and MMA fighters because wrestling is promoted as entertainment.

No doubt they are athletes. My guess is AEW has forced WWE to treat their mid-card wrestlers better because they can go somewhere else (even if for less money in some cases.) My understanding is the initial move by Moxley and Jericho and others were they have much more input into story lines and are allowed some in-match improv.

1 Like

Stone Cold Steve Austin did not retire from the effects of breaking his neck, but because he blew out both of his knees. Yes it is predetermined and choreographed, but falling on your knees, back, neck, and head multiple times a week with no offseason in a year takes its toll on a wrestler as their career gets long in years. You can’t fake the effects of gravity.

1 Like

Yes, I believe Vince McMahon figured this out in the mid 1980’s.

Before that it was always “Doctor in attendance at ring side, George Zahorian”

Here right now. Kinda giggling at everything.

Stuck in a situation. Have two floor seats I can transfer to you if you want to move down if you aren’t there already.

Not sure if I replied to you or just a general reply. Offer to anyone who is there.