AEW at Fertitta Center

Our locker room looks good on this backstage segment. Clear UH on TV.

3 Likes

I’m here right now, want to DM them? I can just show it and walk down?

Thank you so much!

Damn what a fun ass show! Fertitta Center is such a good venue

3 Likes

It was very enjoyable!

1 Like

Very fun show. Hangman vs. Takeshita was quite the star-making turn for the visitor! I brought a friend who doesn’t watch and had never been to a wrestling match. He loved all the crazy flips and dives. (He didn’t love that the FC stopped serving food and alcohol after 9 p.m. or so.)

1 Like

Coaches Bishop and Burrell were there

1 Like

Awesome!!! Great way to support the school :muscle:

Was a great show last night with AEW at Fertitta Center! They actually had a video segment where they showed some wrestlers preparing for a match in the UH weightroom. Sting, Chris Chris jericho, Brian Danielson(Brian Daniels), John Moxely( Dean Ambrose, and the Hardys all wrestled or made an appearance last night. Really good size crowd! My pic is before it filled up.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I saw Gretzky play hockey there in a NHL exhibition game in the late 80s or early 90s.

1 Like

Was this an angle ? Looked scary

That was after the second taping had finished and definitely didn’t look apart of the show. Thankfully he was able to walk out on his own but in extreme discomfort. Hoping it’s nothing serious, he’s a great wrestler

3 Likes

Thanks. I was hearing that it was a work but it looked real.

2 Likes

Well there was a work on part of the show where Sting came out to the crazy pop from the crowd to beat down some guys outnumbered, but then have it where he was beaten down and made to look to have a broken ankle after opponents put it in a chair and stomped on it. Wish they didn’t have to do Sting like that in front of the Houston crowd.

Brian Danielson wrestled the last match of the night and was about 11pm when ended, so after he and Moxley got the three count the fans went for the exits. This happened when most were exiting because I didn’t see it. Brian is in a big storyline with Chris Jericho they are setting up for a pay per view match at end of the month, so I dont see this being a work but an accident. Hopefully he is ok, because it supposed to be a 6 vs 6 big tag team match with Danielson being one of the big names in the match.

1 Like

Tony Khan the owner of AEW came out twice during the 4 hours of wrestling to address the crowd. He said Houston has such a rich history in professional wrestling and both times they have come to Fertitta Center it has been one of the better crowds they have had in the three years of the company being around, and that saying something when they have sold out the United Center in Chicago. He mentioned names of the 70s and 80s legend wrestlers like ones that wrestled at the Collliseum. He mentioned Rock vs Austin in the Astrodome at Wrestlemania 17 which is still considered one of the best beginnig to end Wrestlemanias of all time. When he said all this fans started chanting Pay Per View becuase they want AEW to have one of their 4 pay per views they do each year to be in Houston.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was a “work” and Danielson was not hurt.

Tony Khan is great at fluffing up the fans at every show. I think it’s very likely AEW will be back at Fertitta Center by next year. An AEW PPV show in Houston would be great, but I think we’re probably down the list a bit.

2 Likes

I think Toyota Center may be the site for a AEW PPV next year if it comes to fruition.

I think WWE may have an exclusive deal with Toyota Center. AEW typically doesn’t run in the same buildings where WWE does tapings because the venues don’t want to damage their relationship with the bigger outfit. In LA, for example, AEW is running the Forum in a couple weeks since Crypto.com Arena (fka Staples Center) is exclusive to WWE.

1 Like

During the lockdown AEW did their show from the music pavillion attached to the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium. They made it work. I wonder if they could retrofit Cynthia Woods for an AEW Payperview venue?

I work with the son of the The Polish Hammer :hammer:, Ivan Putski

very nice guy.

4 Likes

Looking like it was a work, thank goodness! Fooled a lot of people, myself included

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1527804410323247110?s=21&t=unLfWhNra042_UBOw86kng

1 Like