AEW at Fertitta Center

My HS friends sister lived in the same apartment complex as G Hernandez, late 80s. Let’s just say it snowed a lot in Dallas back then.

1 Like

I always thought Geno was so cool….maybe he was just high AF.

Both

1 Like

Gino Hernandez is still my all-time favorite bad guy!

I haven’t seen AEW, so somebody please tell me.

Who are the main “good guys,” and who are the main “bad guys” in this promotion?

Who are the champions?

The best Woman wrestlers is Britt Baker. She was the champion for several months. She is a legit dentist and runs a practice in Florida. She went to University of Pittsburg dental college while also training to be a wrestler. She has stated on video her ridiculous of class, studying, gym, and wrestling school. The best heal is (MJF) Maxwell Jacob Freeman. He is the best heel talker today and just knows how to get under everyone skin and hate him. He has Ric Flair style 80s heat in his promos. A guy just cant help but hate. Jungle Boy is one of the young up and coming wrestlers. He is very athletic and fans love him. Jericho just went heel. Sammy Guevara is a very athletic wrestlers that is from Houston. Darny Allin is the best young wrestler and star. Thr legendary Sting is his mentor. Darby wears face paint and just goes full thottle in the ring. He will run and dive out on to opponents on the floor with such force. They guy is a dare devil and a mixture of Sting Crow persona and Jeff Hardy extreme wrestling style.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll have to check AEW out at some point.

2 Likes

What was the attendance?

Remember the Morning wrestling on the weekends? Was it channel 39?
First saw Hacksaw, JYD, Bruiser Brody, etc….I was just a kid and don’t remember the details but that was good stuff….

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I never cared for the Von Erica’s….

Im lost with these new guys. I only recall wrestlers like Macho Man Randy Savage, Mr Perfect, Ravishing Rick Rude, the Million Dollar Man Ted Debiase, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, Shawn Micheals, and the like. Miss those guys but i always thought Randy Orton was cool. Anywho… :+1:

1 Like

Attendance was a bit over 4,000

close to 5k! That’s because of production & stage.

2 Likes

And the camera was in the club area.

TURN THE COURT!

2 Likes

That’s Chief Wahoo

Spent lots of time with Mike Griffin and friends at Aero’s games in the old Coliseum. Gordy Howe, Mark and Marty Howe, Terry Ruskowski and so many more of one of the most exciting sports teams to play in Houston.

Is there not a prior UH lineman now a professional wrestler ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Ruskowski (Stitch) was a very good hockey player, but an even better fighter. John Schella, Larry Lund, Captain Ted Taylor, Poul Popiel. good players and even better guys. Those were good times.

1 Like

Randy Thornton (a Safety at UH, but later a LB and DE in the NFL and CFL) had a successful career as “The Big Swoll” in WCW.