Afterglow!

Last night as I have done for the past 22 years went to a University of Houston football game. I took my oldest son, Case with me. Obviously we had no idea what we were about to experience. Now I gripe about Dana and the attendance as much as the next guy but there was a bigger lesson being taught last night. Well really there are lessons now that I reflect on it.

1. Do not gloat or mock the opponent after you score. Be humble.
  2. Do not ever give up, no matter how dark. You are never out of the fight.

I am so grateful that I got to share that lesson with my 13 year old son. He wanted to leave after the 50 yard TD by WVU. Im glad we stuck it out! I’m feeling the afterglow this morning! Eat ‘em up!

59 Likes

Probably one of the most wildest endings I have ever seen.

GO COOGS

5 Likes

Yeah the WVU fans around me were fairly calm most of the game. When they scored that last TD they let loose. Singing and mocking the UH fans that started leaving.

After we scored there was a guy who wasn’t even in UH gear, and hadn’t really cheered the whole game. He was giving that group all kinds of hell.

9 Likes

there’s gotta be a video of the ending somewhere right?

found it

5 Likes

Bought $50 tickets in the upper section of Coog side and enjoyed the beautiful view of downtown Houston. I have attended all 3 home games and noticed we have incrementally improved in all areas. Our Coogs fought hard and lady luck smiled on us on the Hail Mary - as they say, luck favors the prepared. Sure we have some issues, but what team doesn’t? Support our hometown Coogs, they deserve every ounce we can give them for their efforts!

22 Likes

The weather was amazing and my kids had a ton of fun. We had to leave at half time since it was a school night, but for the next week or two I am not going to say anything negative about UH football and just enjoy this win.

10 Likes

I’m still mad at myself for taking the dog for a walk after WVU scored. Found out mid walk we won

Case. Interesting name

thanks

Next time we are behind and need to score, you grab that puppy and go for a walk
 keep on walking.

12 Likes

Karma can hit within seconds or years later. You never know. After WVU scored all I could think was 2019 Tulane how they scored at the end on a long pass. Then I thought Pittsburgh 2014 which I was at that game. I was thinking yes they are going to let us throw a hail mary because when I saw the penalty I already knew it would put us in a position to get a throw off. I had no idea or real hope it would work though.

2 Likes

Not sure if the QB was the one called for unsportsmanlike penalty. However, that clearly made all the difference. Without that, UH is not in range for the Hail Mary.

1 Like

I think he took off his helmet. Lol thanks bud!

2 Likes

Words from a real Coog Fan !

Game was very Brilesque. Last one with the ball wins

9 Likes

My godfather left immediately after the WVU score. But me and my dad were like “might as well stay for the kickoff and see if a miracle happens.” And by god were we rewarded!!!

10 Likes

Awesome that you were there and enjoyed the game. But just FYI, shop around next time. Some tickets were going for a $1 apparently. Not sure what section

1 Like

Always a nice ride home when you win.

You can say that again. When my alarm for work went off at 6 am I groaned but after thinking about last night I was okay with going to work. Funny how that works.

2 Likes