Analysis of PAC adding us

No one dominates year after year after. We did in 2015, then UCF, then Cincinnati, Memphis did ok but has lapses too.

USC and UCLA know what it’s like to have down years.

3 Likes

I’m talking about how a sales pitch would be countered. I would hope that wouldn’t be Pezman’s response.

So do you think we wouldn’t be a good fit in the PAC?

Will ESPN, Amazon, TikTok, Twitter, Fox, or the SyFy Channel pay a bunch of money to an insular conference so the PAC can play a handful of football games against non-rivals in a different time zone nobody wants to watch even if they are high?

I think not.

After reading two of these articles, the writer seems to like to take some jabs. There is a line in there about Baylor’s soiled history.

I think It makes sense to add UH and Tech. The question is do you stop at 14. I like OSU. Not sure what the 4th school would be. The benefit of Houston isn’t just the TV market, but fertile recruiting grounds in the state. This is why UCLA played us at Robertson. Colorado used to be a force recruiting Texas kids. This would give the schools a presence in the state and spread the PAC12 brand.

Could he meant that if PAC take UH today, the basketball program will elevate the conference. But given time in the PAC, football program should improve with same level playing field with other P4.

What little cash we have -lol they distributing 33 million a year to each school. On par with big12 and more than ACC. And their contacts are old

What should Pezman’s response be to that question?

He can bank on what we have done with our peers with equal funding to us. We have touted our potential whilst schools like Cincinnati, louisville, and others, have turned that potential into action.

Not at all. I think we’d do well. I’m thinking we aren’t the type of football brand that excites them right now. I know we could be competitive out there. I just don’t think us being competitive in their conference is their standard for admission. They want someone who immediately brings money and prestige.

I don’t think that program exists for them…right now.

I do think Tier 1 research helps us and the idea of a major city with a med school would help us too. Frankly I like the guy’s idea. I think getting in in basketball would almost certainly get us in later in football.

1 Like

https://trojanswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/24/pac-12-expansion-evaluation-baylor/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16271619350133&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ftrojanswire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F07%2F24%2Fpac-12-expansion-evaluation-baylor%2F9

2 Likes

Maybe Amazon. They would get a huge amount of live inventory from noonish till midnight plus all the added shows based around it. (post/pre, etc)

As an aside: I can see Amazon offering a mind boggling amount of $ for the expanded playoffs.

No major conference is looking to dilute their cash value. Period. If they think a school will bring in 30-50 million by adding them, they will consider the academics and research and recruiting and what not. But that’s a big first, overriding question.

The PAC will squeeze every dime they can out of what media rights they can cobble together. That is why Kliavkoff was made commish. Not a single school available - not UH, not TT, not Baylor, can add at least $31 million to the PACs pending deal(s). UH will be in an expanded Big 12 or an expanded AAC. That is it. We will be in a conference where we add $7 million in value, because that is the amount we can deliver. Otherwise, we’d already be making $31 million.

Totally agree. Hope I’m wrong but it’s mostly wishful thinking

I like this one. lol

I do think we may bump up to 12 million in the New World Order if it goes right

3 Likes

That was a stinging rebuke of Baylor and a gutsy and correct one.

2 Likes

The analysis of UH is fair, I don’t understand the inability of some of our fans/alumni to take criticism.

• Currently good at basketball

• Has had success as a “Power School” in the past

• As well as some success as a “non power school”

• lately not consistent in FB

What is incorrect about what was written?

3 Likes

4 Likes