Analyst showing no love to UH basketball

So Jeff Goodman is a college basketball insider. He runs a podcast called Field of 68.

Well he ranked Houston #18 in his non-AP rankings.

Goodman even admitted he wouldn’t rank us top 10 if we won the rest of our games, cause the AAC is no good this year.

So, if you have a Twitter account, and are interested, let Goodman know UH deserves to be top 10. Coming off a Final Four. No respect, I tell ya (pulls shirt collar)

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1485291980385095686?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

And if you’re like who the F is Jeff Goodman, well he’s a slightly better Seth Davis.

But his opinion does have some merit in college basketball

How the he//is he better than Seth Davis?

Seth Davis is a 1000x bigger name in college basketball and he thinks we are #3 or 4 in the country.

We love Seth Davis now.

7 Likes

Seth is decent. Anyway leave a fiery comment on Goodmans post if you’re interested

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1485303726743166976

Don’t agree with Jeff Goodman having much bastball credibility!

Question…… is he an AP voter?

I’m not defending Jeff Goodman. But he did have enough connections with coaches where he sat down with the Top 50 coaches for his Preseason preview

I’ve seen the AP voter list. I know barely any of those guys.

Here’s Goodman having a 15 minute discussion with Mark Few. How many AP voters can set up that

Nevermind, I just looked…… he is not…. He just has his own make believe poll.

1 Like

Putting together a Top 50 college preseason show is different, that having creditable basketball acumen!

1 Like

I’ve followed college basketball for years. I’ll check right now and tell you how many AP voters I know

One AP voter from Hawaii I think picked Georgia instead of Gonzaga by accident.

Jay Bilas matters. Jon Rothstein, Seth Davis, Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander, and yes I throw Goodman in with that mix

Stephen Tsai is my go to guy when I want clear, unbiased rankings…… Guy is a genius in my book.
:thinking::wink:

2 Likes

I’m just messing with you, but how is it that an AP voter is a nobody if you don’t know who they are?

And nobody in Hawaii knows basketball? Common….

Goodman’s post is nonsnesical

1. it isn’t even factual correct. Oregon. Would make the tournament of the season ended today

2. to say we don’t deserve because of strength of schedule is a silly and dumb response
    I’m willing to accept a statement that we aren’t top 10/15 because we lost sasser and Mark… the current lineup has a lot to prove vs good teams

It is non sensical to use resume as the reason… it insinuates that we wouldn’t be a top 10 team even if Mark and sasser were healthy … this is top 5 team with sasser and Mark

We are 17-2 , with 2 losses to great team by a combined 3pts… 1 by controversial call (Goodman himself says it was agoaltend by bama)

Saying a 17-2 team with most wins blowouts including Oregon and Virginia isnt top 15 is non sensical

10 Likes

Because if there national opinion of college basketball mattered they would get paid to do a national show

Seth Davis is on CBS, credit to him

But some of these AP voters are local writers. Who may know college basketball. But unfortunately do not have a national platform

And thus their opinion is minimized in the great college basketball landscape

1 Like

Just comment on Goodmans post that’s all I ask!

Lol

Okie State would also be in if the NCAA wasn’t a clown organization.

1 Like

WTF does cannibalizing itself mean? Every conference has the same amt of wins and losses every day.

We’ve not lost yet. What’s his point?

3 Likes

If you have a Twitter account leave your frustrations on Goodmans tweet :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you

He is probably just upset that Memphis is struggling.

3 Likes

If anything the fact that we are 17-2 without Sasser and Mark makes us more deserving of a T10/15 spot IMO.

Also if hes gonna use the “bad conference” card on us then Gonzaga, Colorado St, and Murray State also gotta drop in the poll too

3 Likes