Andre being Andre right now

Andre Ware was sitting right behind us @ the Tech v. Coog game at NRG.

He finally saw some real football!

In theory, yes. In reality, no. There would have to be votes, payment of fees, and then the costs of setting up a new “alliance.”

Why do you think a new offshoot of the NCAA has yet to be done? Probably because the administrative and financial costs are prohibitive, and the school presidents are hesitant to take that leap.

So while it’s fun to talk about leaving and forming a new alliance, from a practical stance it’s easier and more cost effective to work from within.

If you want to truly understand the system, think like a school administrator, not like a fan. It’s always about the $$$. Always. Not what you’ll gain; rather, what it will cost you.

1 Like

I’m with DGhis on this one.

Those super conferences are easier to CONCEIVE

than to ACHIEVE!!!

Unless and until the NCAA changes its by laws

P5 it is.

1 Like

Ware exactly was he. :upside_down_face:

Coogs2U has to be either related to a mod or is a burner account for them. Not only does he break rules and not get suspended, his posts are never even removed. Didn’t know we could call somebody a dumb ass now. Didn’t know we could say a fellow Coog sucks and is stupid. Good things to know.

Anyway
 Go Coogs, Fu€k Rice!

5 Likes

I am somewhere in the middle. It is a more balanced league than what we had. Who knows what the future holds. It’s P 5 now.

He could be right. All the more reasoning for UH driving toward AAU status.

1 Like

Numerically easier to get to a playoff like in the playoff for the final four.

Most likely

Do you know what these costs are ? I’m thinking in the overall scheme of the new
college football NIL monster, it is just a very small percent. How much do you think it
cost the A5, which is like an independent entity to the NCAA anyways, cost to setup
and run. My guess here too is it in negligible. Without real numbers, we are both just swapping
acjectives.

The trick here is understanding what the new college football total revenue worth really is.
Not sure that upper limit is even known right now, until the paid advertisers ( I think the bulk of the overall revenue stream ? ) , ticket sales, NIL dollars, paid subscription services start to drop.

There is really good article posted by SampsonCoachingTree about Rutgers and the financial
nightmare they are in after joining Big10 - about 1/2 billion dollars in debt. I can’t see how they
can continue in the A5 or if they are just the body bag win game for the blue bloods to feast on.

Half a billion is real street money.

Granted Pearland throws that around as tips at olive Garden on SW Freeway
but its still a lot of money.

1 Like

It’s a poor thing to attack our legends.

Whitmire, Ware,
who next, want to knock Yeoman for funding
a player’s girlfriend medical expense ?

Sometimes it’s best to say less, rather then calling supporters dumb, stupid, rascist, etc

Say you disagree with there POV, and here are reasons x, y, and z to support your POV.

Very distasteful attacking fellow coogs.

2 Likes

4 conferences, 16 teams each

64 Power teams that play for the championship.

As I said, you’re a fan. You want to argue the hypothetical. Fine. Knock yourself out.

Then you don’t know Andre. He speaks his mind.

What a moron! Yeah, getting paid 5 times more and getting more exposure from ESPN was such a mistake! If we followed his advice we would have been stuck with Conference USA forever and never even have the opportunity to get called up by the Big12! Sometimes the only way to get to the top is to take some gradual steps and that is what UH is doing. It’s not like the PAC was trying to pluck us right out of Conference USA 10 years ago! What a clueless idiot! I kind of questioned his loyalty to us and his intentions when he said some things that were unflattering about the UH players while gleefully praising our opponents over the years.

I used to be proud of Ware. But, man, I’m sick of him knocking the university that helped give him fame. Has he ever said anything supportive of UH in the recent past? Last time I remember him WITH the UH, was when he was honored with the 11 yard line in his name at the Cage. Hmmmm
.so if it’s about him, he’ll have his thumb up.
Just don’t feel any fuzzy feeling for him at all anymore.

2 Likes

Calling his statements dumb and stupid (a position I would agree with) is different than specifically calling the man dumb and stupid. One is slightly toxic disagreement. The other is an inappropriate and pointless personal attack.

1 Like

So when Oklahoma was winning the Big 12 beating Baylor, Kansas and a average UT it is a true P5. Now with Oklahoma leaving the remaining schools aren’t good enough to be P5.

1 Like