Any chance Grimes returns? (Update: Grimes Declares for NBA Draft)

I watched Otis for four years and never thought he had great handles. Quentin was required to handle the ball much more than Otis was. Otis was just head and shoulders a better offensive player

2 Likes

to all the hatersā€¦

grimes showed more than 1st rd josh green last year, shown more than josh Christopher (asu), more than jaden springer (tennesse), Terrence Shannon (tech) and i could name like 10 other playersā€¦ grimes is better than the majority of projected draft picksā€¦ this isnt the 80s sand 90s where only polished seniors get draftedā€¦
i legitimately think grimes will blow up when the draft stuff startsā€¦
over 100 3s at 6ā€™5 and 20 will be hard to pass up in the modern NBA

13 Likes

I was trying to think of the best response to the multiple comments about Grimes, but you said it best.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Totally agree that Birdsong didnā€™t have great handles but a great great shooter! I wouldnā€™t say say that Grimes has bad handles, maybe not his strength, but yā€™all make it it sound like that his a huge glaring deficiency! He probably cannot improve a lot more at this level. He had a great two years for us!

4 Likes

threads like this is how i always end up guilting myself into making highlight reels of our players lol ā€¦ grimes handles are fineā€¦ heā€™s no kyrie but ther are good enough for the NBAā€¦ numerous times this season when were up big and hes is hot, heā€™d pull out the shake and bake

1 Like

Grimes was our leading scorer this season and plugged the hole that mills left. Where will our scoring come from next season. Our hustles masked some deficiencies we have in this season in the offense.

3 Likes

Dude is an All-American. Heā€™s really, really good and can play at the next level.

4 Likes

as of today marcus and mark

3 Likes

Was actually hoping for a pure scorer like Caleb Mills or Rob Gray from the portal. Our rebounding advantage will likely diminish when we lose these seniors , was hoping we can shore up our scoring to balance out.

Same thing was said last year when we lost our top 3 rebounders

1 Like

I saw a mock draft yesterday that had him going in the 2nd round.

1 Like

His handles arenā€™t fine they definitely need work. They are fine if we just talking about college but not for NBA. But he will be an NBA player I donā€™t doubt that one bit. And he had a great season, but if you can put guys like buddy, Myers, whoever number 11 is on Oregon state on him And he doesnā€™t cook them and go at them. Thatā€™s a problem. You put those guys on Mitchell or Butler and they are lighting them up. Iā€™m just saying he really needs to work on creating separation and getting to the rim. Deeky is a huge part why he is an all American. Most of his points came off catch and shoot. Other than him walking up dribbling and pulling a 3. NBA defense is a lot different, but if he can hit 3 at a high level, he should be fine anyone can shoot 3s usually plays in the league. But he needs to work at getting to the rim

mark has been touted as one of the purest scorers weve hadā€¦ nick name is ā€œReal bucketsā€ā€¦ did like 40 a game to finish his senior year ā€¦ his percentages need to drastically improveā€¦but once he cleans up his shot he has the capability to be one of the best scorers weve ever hadā€¦ i always say, he can get any shot he wants, his ability to make it is the issue

6 Likes

I think Sasser has a jump like Corey did after Rob left. He is already further along than davis was. As you saw today Sasser always shows up in the big games. Itā€™s just who he is. I think he and Mark take over scoring next year. And of course we will get a transfer to help

6 Likes

the is more of a confidence issue than a skill issueā€¦ its not like he was trying and getting shut downā€¦ he just wasnt trying ā€¦
note how i said he only tends to bring out the shimmy when we were up big or his was hotā€¦his handles are fine for the prosā€¦as long as he isnt expect to be the star day 1 he will build up himself throughout his years

also syracuse and oregon state ran a zone hard to beat of the dribble, grimes would have eaten buddy alive in 1 on 1

3 Likes

He is goneā€¦he doesnā€™t have much more to prove and improve his stockā€¦I wish him well.

4 Likes

He can do so many more things than Caleb on the offensive end, and no contest on defense

4 Likes

Was Rutgers not a big game?

3 Likes

2nd rd pick for Grimes. He laid an egg in the first half. Nervous.

1 Like

Not as big as the Baylor game, js

1 Like