Anyone know when Sampson

I don’t know about you but I’m tired of having my schools team win 30+ games a year and conference championships.

If Shead does not roll his ankle we are all excited about being in the Final Four and beating Duke and excercising some demons against NC St.

9 Likes

I think what’s driving me a little crazy here is that these folks are couching perfectly valid criticisms or what they think should be done to improve the team to get them over the hump. With just the most ridiculous hot takes, it’s like Twitter brain has taken over and they are chasing engagement and clout.

1 Like

I think both shead and Cryer come back.

2 Likes

Shead could do what the giant alien from Purdue did last year and say let’s go one more time.

3 Likes

Instead of running a “defense first” system, maybe CKS could change over to a system more like the one run by JJ (football) or KB (football). After all, their system gave extremely positive results . . . . .

1 Like

ill trust Sampson’s system over a bunch of arm chair coaches

3 Likes

Run n’ Shoot offense, who cares about defense.

2 Likes

We had a Run n’ Shoot offense once. It was back in the 80’s. It was called Phi Slama Jama. It was a thing of great beauty. Sorry you young folks missed it. I suspect that kind of success was a contributing factor in the adoption of the 3 pointer. The 1983 Coogs averaged 82.4 points per game with no 3 point shot and no shot clock.

3 Likes

Lol. Yeah, maybe we could get Penders to come out of retirement. :sunglasses:

All the games I spent watching from home. All the tickets I purchased on the secondary market. Buying the best value seats to avoid extravagant CP charges. Buying the combo meals and my whole family splitting one leg from Fry Shack. I’m invested.

And you’re telling me a S16 is good enough for you people? You have low standards. When you get to my level as a booster you expect more.

7 Likes

tyfys to the school funkmaster. i know whenever kelvin lays his head down at night, he pictures your sweet face keeping him honest and on the right track. and your money.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m sick and tired of looking at the Final Four banners at Fertitta Center and not see a national championship banner.

-sarcasm

1 Like

A great Coog lol

1 Like

If Shead is not 100% by early draft time, he might consider coming back.
Look for JoJo and TA to come back strong and both be starters.

L to R: Waffle Bus

1 Like

Years ago some California school went totally offense-minded. Was it Long Beach State? Anyway they would jack it up right after crossing the half-court line, or at least it seemed like it. Their coach was a former NBA coach and they had some success for a while. Tragically one of their players had that hidden heart-related problem and he just dropped dead on the court during a game.
Maybe one of my fellow old-timers will remember who I’m talking about.

Loyola Marymount

3 Likes

Paul Westhead was the coach, and Hank Gathers was the player who died.

And that was damn near 35 years ago.

3 Likes

It was a flash in the pan success story that almost was. Gathers and Kimble both were recruited to USC and the coach was fired after their freshman season. I want to say there was a standoff between some USC players and the new coach, so the new coach pulled their scholarships. Can’t really remember how Westhead won them over at such a small school.

That insane high octane style of offense worked great with those two. I wonder if they would have given UNLV a run for their money in the E8 had Gathers not died and was healthy enough to play.

1 Like

Kind of puts our injury issues in perspective, doesn’t it?

3 Likes