AP #17 ranking to end the year

Just a shaky second half against Tech from being top 10 finish. Really proud of the Coogs and especially Tune and Dana after that opener

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1480938189145653249?t=aoTqPni3hO7BHvt3bWt_bQ&s=19

1 Like

WAY overachieved this year!

One overachieve year every five years keeps this program going strong!

4 Likes

We’re doing well this decade.

yes 1 top 20 ranking for the 20s so far

EDIT: #17 in the final Coaches poll as well.

1 Like

Coaches got it right, Ulala behind us but put aTm at 25

That’s a great 12 year stretch.

2 Likes

So we finished #17 with players who were in signing classes who’s 4 year average was ranked #74 in the FBS division. I would say that shows a significantly better coaching job than a lot of those big name schools that had much higher rankings in the recruiting classes. You know like UT who ranked 9th, for instance. Or could it be a combination of better coaching and inflated rankings than some of those classes.

3 Likes

Our 1966 and 1967 Teams May also have finished ranked.

In 66’ they #17
And
In 67’ they were #19

But these were in Coaches poll….

Unranked in AP

This has UH tied with Ok St and Baylor at 15 times in the final AP poll. (maybe, Not sure that my list included this year, in which case those two would get one more)

Ahead of: Cincy (7), Iowa St (3), Kansas (7), Kansas St (13), Texas Tech (11), and UCF (5)

1 Like

The AP only ranked ten teams from 1961 to 1967.

We sure are! Best decade was the 70’s as far as winning %!

https://twitter.com/NewBigXII/status/1480961324809015304?t=O2JGI__I48l-YfcLbxiBsA&s=19

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not getting the rationale to those saying that ULALA should be behind us. They have more wins, conference champ title and ended the season on a 13W streak. They earned it just like us.

4 Likes

Do not start bringing rational data into this conversation.

We are from Texas, they are from Louisiana….that is good for at least two places for us.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to ration w people on here for several yrs. :laughing::grin:

P6. We’re just better automatically.

3 Likes