Apologies

Thank you for taking the lead on this… Semper Fi! I am not a Marine. I just train with some.

Ben how many Chris Cuomo s do you need to see that it is both sides and it is the problem with news as entertainment/propaganda.

2 Likes

That axiom applies equally to comments about our football program.

False narrative.
There are news organizations whose goal is to do news. They may be biased one way or another, btu their identity isn’t conservative or liberal.
There are other organizations that their goal is to tell the views and push the narrative of a certain side. They proudly call themselves conservative.
That isn’t the same thing.
Note - Cuomo got fired for giving his brother advice, not even promoting false stories on air. People at other channels have knowing lied and mislead people. They haven’t been fired.

Edit: I’m going to add something to preemptively cut off certain arguments. There used to be a fair and balanced doctrine built into law. Yet politicians built a narrative that the news was liberally biased.
Conservative “news” networks couldn’t even exist until after that Law was prevented from being renewed.

2 Likes

Come on Ben, if you don’t think CNN and MSNBC have a political agenda, I need to get you the blue version of the MAGA hat.

Cuomo and CNN gave the big brother a nightly infomercial during COVID so he could spout his false narrative and false numbers.

It is both sides and it needs to stop.

1 Like

The irony here is that I come from a family of people who have held office as Republicans and all my liberal friends would call me conservative.
But Sure, buy me a blue MAGA hat.
You probably think Liz Cheney is a traitor even though she is conservative to a fault. She just values democracy and America more than her party.

4 Likes

No I don’t think Liz is a traitor. I am a Reagan/Bush republican.

Both sides have to come to grips with the fact that the news is now entertainment and political propaganda.

I will repeat this more simply this time:

There is a difference between bias and propaganda. Don’t confuse the two.

In the eye of the beholder, Ben, in the eye of the beholder.

How about both sides just report the facts.

Some do, and then you discount them as propaganda.
Garry Kasparov, former world chess champion and considered the greatest ever for now who ran against Putin to run Russia so now he can’t so much as fly over Russian airspace, “The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.”
With that in mind, you have already been beaten.

Everyone seeks out information that suits them. Confirmation bias. To act like one side is morally superior and always objective is bs and you know it.

1 Like

You have zero reading comprehension since I already talked about confirmation bias and pointed out that all new coverage has bias but it isn’t the same as propaganda.

1 Like

Is Manchin a traitor? Was Mccain a traitor? Was Cheney a traitor?

1 Like

Ben why do you have to insult people when they disagree with you? That is very silly.

2 Likes

Isn’t the job of a representative to reflect and vote the will of their constituents?

You said one side seeks information through confirmation bias and one side that seeks it out all over from different outlets, etc. You did say we all have confirmation bias to a degree.

I go to Cnn, Fox, chron.com, and many others. I like my news from all over even though I lean way to one side.

1 Like

There is no insult. It was a statement of fact. I didn’t call him a name or anything like that. Great spin though. I applaud your entertainment skills.

1 Like

It is. I could care less if they are considered traitors or not. You are either loved or hated by half of the country depending which way you vote.

You questioned his reading comprehension.

So, who’s going to the bowl game next Tuesday?

3 Likes