Applewhite HC of South Bama

Glad he is getting another shot. Would have much preferred to see what he could have done here instead of five years of Holgi.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1747774919629304284?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1747774919629304284|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

4 Likes

We saw it.

31 Likes

Good for Major. Hope things go better for him this time around.

5 Likes

He might have been more successful here if we weren’t his first HC gig.

Had he started at a So. Bama or Arkie State initially and had success, then coming to UH might have been an easier transition.

As it was, the Army loss was far too much trauma for UH fans to endure.

I wish him well.

9 Likes

Do they have a big scoreboard he can stare at with his arms folded :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I wish Major well. I hope he is able to put together a good staff. Doing well at South Alabama could be Major’s ticket to a P5 job.

3 Likes

Those USA fans will need a Major Appletini in a couple years. He’s not going to outrecruit anybody. He’s not going to outscheme anybody.

5 Likes

I don’t care what anyone says, Applewhite’s offense got us a peach bowl win over FSU and a win over #6 Oklahoma

When Judas left, he took a bunch of staff and recruits with him and essentially left Applewhite with D’Eriq King, Ed Oliver and Marquez Stevenson.

That being said, I’ll never understand why King wasn’t named the starter as soon as Greg Ward graduated.

4 Likes

Kyle Allen… pretty much everyone was enamored with him.

Applewhite >>>> Holgorsen …and for a fraction of the price.

9 Likes

I think the whole team was out of plumb that day. Everyone knew that CMA was going to be replaced - including CMA and were in a funk. Regardless, I wish him well and hope he is very successful. I just don’t understand the vitriol against the guy.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see how he does. I know he’s a good OC, mayby he learned from his experience here.

I am firmly convinced Applewhite will eventually be a really good Head Coach one day and I wish him well in his pursuits.

1 Like

You learn the most when yur gittin a** kicked

FIFY

5 Likes

All the Applewhite well wishes:

6 Likes

I don’t even know where South Alabama is. LOL!
Almost a double directional.

Looks like they went continuity hire with Apple, like us they’ll regret it.

1 Like

I get your point but maybe not a fair statement.

None of us know how much he has learned or grown as a coach these last several years.

1 Like

You could honestly say that about any coach. Greg Ward was THAT good.

That being said, if any player at the time signaled continuity in a style of play, it would’ve been D’Eriq King, not Kyle Allen.

Kyle Allen was brought in before the 2016 season.

Down low in Alabama.

2 Likes