April 24: Game 3 vs Memphis - W 7-5 / UH takes series 2-1 / @Lamar (24-16) on tuesday

ESPN+ has had nearly the entire season, and I’ve watched most of the games. Worth the money.

Yeah, Friday night proved you gotta get 27 outs before declaring victory.

4 Likes

Friday night is just the symptom that its not our year. But espn+ has made the season more fun.

1 Like

Two hit basemen and a single plates a run for Memphis…7-4 btm 8…I have to say no lead is safe for our Coogs…

2 Likes

To the ninth 7-4 Coogs…

1 Like

For you guys who have watched the Coogs this year, is Sears our only option late in games? Right now it is 7-5 but Memphis has the tying runs on…I am thinking our pitching is more than suspect.
Update, get the final out and Coogs win! At this point any win is a good one…I think we are now 7-5 in conference play and 26-14 overall…

3 Likes

He’s been good up until this series. But like it was said above, they’ve been putting him in too early.

2 Likes

RPI sits at #83 after win today…… High water mark for the year……need to go undefeated this week and hope a bunch of teams ahead of us lose…… then see where we are….

5 Likes

Upcoming RPIs

(x __= number of games left vs)
Lamar x 1-169
USF x 3-137
Rice x 2-192
Wichita x 3-178
Sam Houston x 1-119
UCF x 3-102
ECU x 3-52

1 Like

Can not afford any losses with that murderer’s row.

4 Likes

Too early and too many pitches for Sears

5 Likes

Why the heck does Whitting carry a bunker ton of pitchers if they aren’t good enough to play the sport!?!?!?!

I’m gonna sit here and get angry.

(And I would be telling my son to get the Hell away from there and go someplace where you can have fun. You can’t tell me these kids expected to ride the pine a whole season)

4 Likes

My son had a great career elsewhere……until a new coach is hired I would advise you to send your kid elsewhere……

Problem is there are LOTS just like him……they love to over recruit pitchers……if they don’t have a great fall they don’t get much of a chance when the season rolls around….and 99.9% sure nobody is giving anything but empty lip service when it comes to coaching pitchers……Frank Anderson is no longer here….they should have done whatever they could to keep him…. Do your best to find a school your son can learn and grow at…… not some place that expects an 18 year old to be a finished project.

1 Like

So they don’t work with the pitchers?

I’m sure they “work with the pitchers” , what I’m saying is there are a lot of coaches that simply go through the motions….especially when coaching older guys….they throw out the lingo and so on….but very rarely do they make specific adjustments that help a kid….
A really good pitching coach is going through the mental aspect of the game with guys as well…. Teaching them how to attack batters, when to pitch backwards, how to pitch a guy the second and third time through the lineup….and way more than that….that’s just touching on stuff….as a pitcher you don’t have to have the best stuff in the world if you are taught how to pitch with the right mindset…. And you have a coach that teaches the mental and physical side of it….

3 Likes

How many years are left on Whittings contract? Being a year away from Big 12 and ranked #83, is there enough support to make a change?

3 Likes

That’s disappointing and sad. For some reason I presumed it was non-stop instruction at that level.

1 Like

There is at some schools….but unfortunately that would be the exception to the rule….

There is enough support from the diehards on this board…. Does that count? Lol

I’m sure he probably has a couple of years left but I would have to verify….

Complete honesty here, I have not attended one game this year….only attended a couple of games last year……

From late 90’s -2019 I came in from Victoria and then San Antonio four at least 3-4 series a year and then made most regionals and supers….

Some of the other guys can probably speak to the atmosphere the last couple of years.

Seen most of them on the +

I was trying to watch all of the games I was behind on but it got cumbersome to say the least…

Like I said before… AAC Title or bust for Whitting.

The Stros game on espn+ yesterday was very entertaining, though…!

CTW has been riding Big Ben into the ground lately…don’t think it’s a coincidence that his velo seems to have dropped sharply lately. As others have mentioned player devolvement is underwhelming to be nice. Cherry…kid was stud since 8U at the plate. He gets here gets a few AB’s and then pigeonholed as PO.

Even if Coogs win AAC tourney and make The Dance will that justify keeping status quo is the million dollar ? Does any one actually think the program is positioned to transition into B12 ?

3 Likes