Are We On The Precipice?

You guys are lucky you weren’t born in ancient Athens all citizens were expected to participate in politics and vote, if they didn’t it was a crime

Who is that directed at?

Just a little history

You said some of us are lucky. I don’t see anyone that didn’t vote.

Don’t have to. We can just bring them all here through the Southern border.

1 Like

How?

When the Afghans surrendered, they generally laid down their arms and turned them over to the enemy after we left. How do you imagine you are going to destroy the weapons at that point when there are no US boots on the ground to destroy them or take them back?

Not possible.

As I said, all US aircraft and most US vehicles left behind were sabotaged.

The US made/provided arms and equipment that the Afghans had were largely surrendered to the enemy AFTER we left. At that point, there was little that could be done.

To steer this back towards the original topic… Somewhat.

Russia picking a fight with US same as China would be the stupidest they could possibly do. Give the US a somewhat common enemy. Though if you’re a Newsmax viewer maybe not since one of their chief guys was in the same position at Russia Times. So he’s an agent provocateur and his viewers are all potential fifth columists.

But the US democratic experiment is on the brink of collapse just let it rot from within then you will have a one party authoritarian system in place in the next 10 years. And if you’re Russia it will probably be super friendly since there will be lots in common. Oligarchs, Christianity, White.

2 Likes

Trump said he would have blown up the bunkers that were full…planes were all flown out…the Afghans even had a parade wearing US uniforms to mock US…What is your issue with Trump? Is it his personality or his policy on the boarder or his toughness on China and Russia…measures to control inflation or shuttling down our pipelines…I mean if you were forced to pick one…personality aside…who would it be…you just say you don’t like either one because they don’t allign with your vision…so what’s your vision that is so different?

We can catch up with China of 1.4 billon by doing that by importing people since we import everything else from China

Yeah Orange Daddy said he would’ve handled it! Nevermind he already gave the Taliban everything they asked for… So I guess they needed to put it in writing.

I don’t believe Russia is much of a problem to us and what I mean by that is that we could handle them if we needed to. The Chinese would be a much harder enemy.
What I don’t understand is why do our companies even do business over there. They steal technology and don’t even try to pretend that they don’t. Is the profit worth the lost R&D?

1 Like

We’re in late stage capitalism… Profit over all things. People, country, long term company health, doesn’t matter

2 Likes

Exactly…the playing field isn’t even close…They pollute…and child slavery is rampant to control their costs…

How does it end? A bunch of super corporations running the country?

The people need to tell our pols enough is enough, stop bowing to cooperate interest, stop corporate money influence, corporate lobbying vote their asses out… Republicans and Democrats sold the country out

I mean you’d have a hard time convincing me that’s not what’s already happening.

1 Like

I remember there was a time when there was a limited to campaign contributions from companies or something like that. Bring that back would be a good idea but I doubt anyone on the receiving end of those donations would be interested.

Got our SCOTUS to thank for that. Corporation are like flesh an And blood humans according to them

3 Likes

Sure. Talk is cheap. Especially after the fact. Actions speak louder than words.

He shouldn’t have been negotiating with the Taliban terrorists to the exclusion of a legitimately elected government in the first place. I can only assume that he considered thuggery and extremism to be more worthy of a seat at the table than democracy, based on that, and that’s damnable.

If that ACTION by Trump doesn’t bother you……even a little, then there must be something wrong with you. And if that ACTION by Trump doesn’t speak louder to you than any of his words, then there must be something even worse wrong with you.

2 Likes

That’s bad.

Are you saying that people like the Amish and Jehovah’s Witnesses, that is to say, established religious groups whose creeds specifically prohibit them from voting or getting involved in man’s politics should be forced to do so under the threat of punishment by the state?

Come on now. That sure sounds like a violation of the first amendment guarantee against the prohibition of the free exercise of religion to me.

Are you saying that people shouldn’t have the freedom to decide for themselves just how politically involved they want to be, if at all, and if so, have the freedom to decide how to utilize their vote or their time and campaign money, even if it isn’t for a candidate from one of the bigger parties?

Come on now.

Required voting is anti-freedom, as I see it. I sure am glad that we live in the modern USA and not ancient Athens. At least here we have the freedom to choose whether or not to vote, and to decide for ourselves just how politically active we want to be.

That said, I vote. But remember, voting and being involved in politics DOES NOT mean being required either to vote at all, or being required to vote only for a candidate from one of two specific parties, both of whom or both of which may suck. That’s like asking whether you’d prefer to be shot or hung.

If that’s what you think (and it sure sounds like it), then you are both thinking incorrectly, and thinking in an anti-freedom sort of way.

Count me out of that way of thinking!