Are We On The Precipice?

Why not call Trump and Biden morons?

As far as I’m concerned they both are…for the reasons that I’ve clearly detailed.

Feel free to try and refute my reasoning and establish that they are non-morons if you wish, but given that my reasoning is based on facts…facts that are pretty DAMNING to both men…that’ll be pretty tough.

We didn’t leave anything behind. That was equipment that belonged to the Afghan army. Stop being brainwashed.

norb,

To be honest, one of the hardest parts about this, is that during my first tour in Afghanistan, I fielded weapons (and other equipment) to the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police…weapons which are now all probably in the hands of the ENEMY…and God only knows what sorts of evil, dastardly deeds they are going to do with them.

It’s hard to live with that on your conscience.

Giving the Taliban the names of folks we are trying to get out was just plain stupid. I don’t know what the other alternative would be but come on really?

Answer: keeping 2K troops on the ground.

We hadn’t had any casualties there for many months, and under that arrangement…the Taliban didn’t dare move in.

They couldn’t have stayed there forever, but obviously, history tells us that this was NOT the right time to withdraw them.

In any event, you don’t negotiate with a terrorist rebel group to the exclusion of a government that was both elected and, moreover, recognized by the UN, our own State Department, and the international community.

When the USA and the elected Afghan government both agree that we should be gone, then we’ll roll the dice.

But that isn’t what we did. Instead, we negotiated with terrorists, cut, and ran.

Sad.

1 Like

And if I am not mistaken, we have legitimized them as recognized government now. So I guess we will see were that takes us.

No we haven’t.

We have NOT recognized the Taliban as Afghanistan’s legitimate government, and if we ever do, then I will become a lifetime opponent of the party/president that does.

For that matter, neither we, nor any other nation has given the Taliban regime official diplomatic recognition as Afghanistan’s legitimate government. The UN hasn’t either, although they’ve continued some aid programs in the country.

That’s what’s sad.

We negotiated with the terrorist people that just OVERTHREW Afghanistan’s legitimate government by force, all the while excluding said legitimate government in the process.

TERRIBLE!!!

Ridiculous…the entire world knows we left our equipment weapons and aircraft and people behind…Biden even acknowledged the screw up…CNN slanted is for people just like you and Major Major…people that can’t own the truth…

1 Like

The aircraft we left behind were de-militarized.

Most of the equipment now in enemy hands had been issued or sold to the Afghan forces.

Some US equipment was left behind, but most of it had been sabotaged.

And I hope for your sake that you didn’t just call me “MajorMajor.”

First of all, I’m a retired Lieutenant Colonel, and have FORGOTTEN more about Afghanistan than you’ll ever know.

Second of all, a couple of people on the old politics board tried calling me that…and it did NOT end well for them. Both are now history on this or any other UH fan board…good riddance.

Given that, I’d advise you not to address me with anything other than my real name (or rank) or username.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that MajorMajor was a rank ;).

President Carter told the truth he said America been at war except for 15 yrs of our nations existence…we need to reflect as a people every solution on this globe doesn’t ly in force of arms. General McArthur said it right on the Missouri for the ending of conflict with Japan l, “we had our last chance”.

There are four instruments of national power, represented by an acronym: DIME.

Diplomatic
Informational
Military
Economic

Utilizing all four to their maximum advantage is the ideal.

Should’ve stayed there. No reason to pull out. Strategic area. No losses. Stabilized (as well as stabilized can be there). If we pull
Out of there why are we still in Korea, Japan, Germany, Turkey, Iraq, Philippines and everywhere else?

1 Like

I have been on this board and the previous one for a while…I have read many of UHLaw97’s posts during that time, have learned a lot from them, and appreciate the unique perspective he has…that’s why I feel pretty confident in saying that calling him Biden’s “man” is ridiculously laughable.

3 Likes

Russian bots have convinced many Americans to be anti American. Why they populate Coogfans is beyond me

2 Likes

So you wanted the US to pull out and take all of the Afghan army’s weapons? lol, you guys seriously need to think for yourselves instead of your media masters doing it for you.

1 Like

No but once the Afghans bailed the weapons could have been destroyed easily…Biden screwed up and he even said he could have done things differently

It was a perfect phone call

How would we have destroyed those weapons? The afghan army only gave up AFTER the US left. Are you advocating defunding their army?

2 Likes

I wrote in for the last 2 presidential elections. I couldn’t bring myself to voting for any of them.

2 Likes