Are we really P5 worthy?

https://twitter.com/jbarbosapxp/status/1576001009817899008?s=46&t=PaGZmc1gox03jC-ZBUxC-A
Students showing up

8 Likes

Y’all realize tickets were only 10 dollars? I really don’t think we could fill the stadium if they gave the tickets away, that is sad

1 Like

No No and No

Meh. Friday night game. Competing with Happy Hour.

Dana wants to get out of there as well…get to the bar before the 2-for-1 drinks end.

6 Likes

Why would fans show up to see losers??

Please. For the love of God. Stop mentioning Herman.

The dude is a fraud.

5 Likes

A game that starts in the middle or rush hour? Not even Californians are that stupid.

1 Like

The P5 move would be firing Dana

2 Likes

The whole student body is a joke…how do you not support your school?

uuuuuuhhhh NO… you would think coming into the year we had the G5 new years six bowl bid on lock. but we are potentially looking at missing out on the Armed Forces Bowl. Next couple of years are going to be rough. Things will be horrid until the next regime gets their second cycle on the field. Lucky enough we will be P5 and the rebuild shouldn’t be to hard to grasp. And there is no way Tillman and the Pres spend 17 mil in a buyout without getting anything from it. that buyout gives Dana his final shot at the Big 12. Hold on tight and start swimming for the life jacket, the ship will come back up.

1 Like

By helping get rid of horrible coach by booing him.

1 Like

Yes! Herman was so 6 years ago and had one of the Coog legends , Gary Ward.

1 Like

He had a culture but once he left…that culture wont work again. it’s like asking for Sumlin. NO THANKS

2 Likes

Since when does anyone need to be worthy of P5?

2 Likes

NO SHOT we P5 worthy!

Actually, we can be a really good Kansas replica. Great basketball, horrific football.

I don’t blame the student body one bit.

You can break the student body into three groups.

1. Those who like football and will alway be a fan.
  2. Those who could not care less. Football is not their thing and have no clue that there is such a thing.

And the biggest group.

1. The discerning and casual fan. These people will only show up if you give them a product to show up for.

If you want more students give them a winning product. A top game day experience both on and off the field. High quality and readily available Food and Beverage, bathrooms that are clean, safe and easy to find, side entertainment, easy parking. An overall excellent product.

Otherwise, students are just like any other resident of Houston (or anywhere else) and will do something else with their time and money.

1 Like

There are facts here, not gonna deny that.

I was in school when Old Robertson was around. We didn’t have the best amenities but people showed up.

I’m sorry for saying this, but we have too many nerds. :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Our University is worthy and the fans that have been around since we got left behind 30 years ago are worthy……players are worthy….

But the coaching staff is not worthy……bunch of guys that got fat and happy and read all the pre-season hype……then instead of going to work to get even better they didn’t put in the time.
They short changed the players, and they short changed the fans……
And before anyone says something stupid like , “ how do you know they don’t put in the hours”…. Because from experience I can tell you what a poorly coached team looks like….this team is the epitome of it…. These players were set up for failure.

Oh, and now is not the time for attendance complaining….if you keep this hack around it will be die hards, parents, and middle school teams that got free tickets.

7 Likes

Charlie Strong is available. So is Scott Frost. So is Urban Meyer.

1 Like

What’s your point?