Are we really P5 worthy?

Maybe it’s our marketing and PR department? What are other schools doing that we aren’t to get people to come to the games regularly (besides winning)? Even Rutgers who is consistently bad and located in a large metropolitan area has higher average attendance numbers. School spirit and alumni loyalty has something to do with that I guess.

UH1927 … I think a lot of the observations you make are valid… I think the bit about Herman is getting people wound up. But I do get your point - Herman had an energy around the program (especially in the Sugar Bowl year) that we have not gotten close to since.

And the point you make about the attendance and atmosphere - And I was there tonight - it was terrible compared to what is the ordinary course average for the current Big 12 programs.

I do not think Herman is the answer because the way he left for texas and failures at texas - he could not ‘sell it’ like he did here previously. i don’t know what is the answer for the next coach. It clearly is not Dana though.

We could be that type of school if we had a product on the field that consistently competed.

1 Like

There is no more P5 it’s P2 and we’ll get our asses handed to us next year unless steps are taken

1 Like

Herman had ward and a great def.

The thing we need is a dual threat and good def. We lost a lot of good players on def with parish and the nfl draft so belk is doing his best but Herman won bc of ward and defense.

1 Like

But most of the other schools do NOT have winning products- they are just really excited to be at a college football game featuring their school

1 Like

We’re going to enter the B12 we better figure out our coaching staff, who we we want as the long-term solution to our coacing problems. Dana not the answer much as I like him to be. We’ll have B12 money so we’ll have more resources at our disposal to find that coach.

1 Like

Ill bring the reminded those players Herman won with were recruited by Coach Levine. He used Levines recruits to get his UT job.

2 Likes

CDH had King handed to him to start his tenure here.

I’m not confident he can coach dual threat quarterbacks either.

That is true which is where we need to get to once in the big12. This mentality of just win and I’ll go isn’t helping recruiting or anything. Just show up and enjoy the block party. I’m still going to all the games as usual and I’ll find good things to have fun like just being there for the outing and people. Let the admin take care of it. Us being there helps where if your not , you compound the problem.

4 Likes

Student section wasn’t close to full. It extends to the 20 yard line on the other side of the band and those sections were wide open.

But I don’t blame them. We are boring. And bad.

No. They weren’t.

1 Like

Students claim tickets but the system is now on the second round of being broken.

Claiming is easier.

It goes through AccessUH, but will loop back and forth.

Go through the ticket site and you can claim but it goes to Cougarnet email and people don’t realize it

There are plenty of bad teams in the p5 now.

We shouldn’t worry about next year. We’ve got plenty of FAIL to offer up this year.

2 Likes

Apologies - I was lost in the sauce after that Loss. The reply shouldn’t have been to you. It was to someone else talking about coaching.

2 Likes

The ONLY thing that isnt P5 worthy is our coach! Until he’s fired, i dont want to hear whining about anything else!!!

Yes they were they advertised tickets for 10 dollars all week

First, I worry about what I can control and me and my family was there. Second, there were a lot of students at the game. Finally, there is some kind of dissension on this team. Employers will generally show trouble makers the door,as public executions like that are good for morale. Why not football teams?

Totally agree with UH1927. BRING BACK HERMAN! He is the only coach since Bill Yeoman that knew how to win! And win BIG! He was polished and spoke well and created a BUZZ around this city like on one else. I know a lot of fans are still butt hurt that he left, but not many coaches would turn down UT. It IS a better gig than UH.

3 Likes

Lol, people really do have selective memories