Astros-Minors

Luis Baez and Kenni Gomez could be special in a few years….

Both just started FCL and are mashing.

And FYI—-Fangraphs rankings are too literal for my liking.

For instance Melton comes in at #13 but Corona is #10.
No way in he// that is the case….Melton is top 5 and Corona is closer to 20th.

Wish it was “Top Prospects NOT playing in MLB” on these lists.
Love a detailed look at more up and coming guys.
We know all Brown, Diaz, Julks, etc by now.

Wish list for 'Stros in the 24 draft.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/LongFormArticle/College-World-Series-2023-Top-draft-eligible-players-in-Omaha-211583722/

Astros
SS Tommy Troy, Stanford ($2,880,700 slot value)
“Houston is another team that has strongly been tied to Stafura in recent weeks” (Pick # 26)

“Crews, owner of a .434/.576/.735 slash line this spring, has been compared to Mike Trout and called the best draft prospect since Bryce Harper.”

Skenes has struck out an absurd 46.3% of the batters he’s faced this season and has been called the best draft pitching prospect since Stephen Strasburg.

1 Like

“Since the graduations of Hunter Brown and Yainer Diaz, Drew Gilbert has been a slam dunk as the #1 prospect in the system, but it may be time for a conversation given just how well Clifford has been of late”

Colton Gordon, LHP (+12, No. 14)
https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/four-houston-astros-prospects-make-massive-move-up-rankings-matt9

1 Like

1 Like

Running it back with Singleton… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This dude has made a nice career off of potential…

Has he though? I thought ended up playing in Mexico and was out of baseball for a while.

I haven’t made $9 million + in my career… Yet!

Drew Gilbert selected to Futures game.

Homered last nite too

1 Like

All you had to do was hit two home runs!

1 Like

Yohandy Morales, 3B, Miami on both lists.

Colton Gordon may be an option at SP soon.

He is a lefty pitcher at AA currently and has really turned it on the last couple of months.

He started for Team Israel in the WBC….did pitch well but got some really good experience against the best competition in the world.

in the last two months( and these are estimates) he has thrown about 60 innings and given up less than 40 hits and struckout more than a batter an inning.

Some of you may remember him from UCF.

He was their top guy a few years ago….picked in the 8th round by the Stros in the 21’ draft.

I would keep an Eye out for sure.

Not much at AAA that has not been tapped already.

1 Like
2 Likes

Almost draft time!!!

Two new Astros tonight.

Hoping for the 3b from Wake or Miami.

SS from Nebraska

Brice Matthews……crazy good pick.

I actually saw this kid play live before….great athlete and the bat is electric….he’s gotten a lot better since I saw him last summer as far as the hit tool.

Gonna be good.

1 Like

His last season was something else.

1 Like

I completely forgot about him….I was thinking he finished his sophomore season….he’s only a little over 21.

Interesting he is from Humble and wound up in Nebraska….and it’s not as though he left the state to some PAC or ACC school.

He was also a District MVP QB for Atascocita. I think his dad went to Kansas or something, so maybe that pushed him toward Nebraska. Since he graduated in 2020, he also had the disadvantage of dealing with COVID impacts to recruiting.

I just realized that my son probably played against him at least one year.

Alonzo Treadwell in 2nd.
6 foot 8. Shut down on April 22nd w bad back.
2020 Tommy John.

Mocked him # 90.

A grades for both.

1 Like