Attendance is OK so far! (TURN THE COURT AND THE CAMERAS)

Not all of the homes in Oak Forest or the Heights are zoned to great schools. Some are but definitely not all. We were looking to buy in the area several years ago and schools were a factor for us. It’s hit or miss.

And it’s really only the elementary schools that are top notch to for the neighborhood schools you’re zoned to. That said, HISD has some great magnet school options.

I have a friend with two elementary age kids who has been in Oak Forest for about 5 years now. He said that the schools were terrible until the community got together and demanded hisd make improvements. He said it immediately changed for the better after that and he feels comfortable with it now, although they still have a lot to improve.

4 Likes

Lots of empty seats for this sellout……

Late arriving crowd, traffic , weeknight , Virginia isn’t a name brand …yada yada yada. But those that there are pretty darn raucous

2 Likes

Yes ridiculous!!

So tired of the bad excuses

Not a name brand? They won the National champ 2-3 years ago….

4 Likes

Dont know what you are looking at but this is a really great crowd for a Tuesday night. Not sell out but a large and loud crowd. This is the third straight game with a really good turnout and second on a Tuesday night.

6 Likes

I agree, a great crowd. But a top 15 team playing a school that won a ship within the last 3 years. Shouldn’t be an empty seat in the house.

3 Likes

Sounds like you are going out of your way to complain. We are near a sell out on a Tuesday night.

7 Likes

it is a sellout

4 Likes

Oak Forest, Harvard, Travis and Field are all A rated elementary schools.

Hogg and Black are A rated middle schools.

The two high schools aren’t there yet but should be in the next 2-3 years.

It’s officially a sellout just not all butts In seats

2 Likes

There are some in the club area and while not every ticket showed up it is an impressive crowd not far from capacity.

1 Like

Just announced an attendence 7,051

2 Likes

Looks full on TV. Would have been there if the flu didn’t get me this weekend.

Gave the tickets to a coworker. My spots are occupied.

10 Likes

That’s not all of them. Those are the elementary schools I had in mind (except Field, guessing that one is improving). There are others though.

And not sure those middle schools are considered to be very good. It does look like they’re getting better though.

The atmosphere of this game has been amazing, top 10 in all of college basketball, the crowd has been pumping and it looks like a packed house on TV and I can hear the crowd through my speakers.

What could you possibly complain about? This is an amazing day and game for our program.

14 Likes

So tired of Coogs who don’t go to the games and have their own excuses on here complaining about excuses.

6 Likes

I think it could be better. I think our crowd could be loud throughout the game. I remember the big games in Hofheinz when we played Arizona or those Calipari Memphis teams. It was a madhouse. I feel like at times we’re in Rockets game mode when we need to be in college basketball game mode. However, I’m sure we have a lot of new fans too, so it’s to be expected and will probably get better as we go. The students have been great though.

2 Likes