Attendance is OK so far! (TURN THE COURT AND THE CAMERAS)

I was at the Texas St at Baylor game, it was a Friday night game too. Got tickets for $2 a piece and there were maybe 1500 in the arena. Same thing happens at UT. I was at the game a few years ago when Radford upset them, $3 ticket and place was maybe a third filled in the lower level.

1 Like

Are you bragging about having season tickets? Or trying to prove a point? Not sure of the reason for this post. Happy for you that you have nice seats. If I lived in Houston still, I would try and be you, 100%.

No. I’m suggesting that you shut your pie hole since you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

The driving across Baton Rouge or Waco at rush hour is just a tad different than some guy coming in from Sugarland to watch a game. Not apples to apples. Our attendance is light years from just a few years ago and not worried about it.

1 Like

Some (and one in particular) sure is worried about it. :joy:. So easy to snipe from miles away.

Same…coming from League City/Bay Colony. Definitely should have left earlier. Accident on the 45 feeder road at Monroe was a nightmare.

3 Likes

I made a petition a few months ago. I don’t mind reposting and making it again. Seriously, we gotta turn it around. Esp. for UVA. Put wheelchair seats next to it or where the camera is.

Dumb decision for big buck seats to be featured.

Our school profile will raise significantly because of it.

1 Like

you are judging attendance of how it looks on tv which is makes no sense, considering UHs tv angles

this is how the most attended game in Fertita center history looked like on tv… (more people in attendance than the seating capacity

here is how the full arena looked

your issue is with the camera angles not the attendance… our attendance is fine… it just look horrible as we point the camera ant the most empty part of the arena (the luxury seats)

5 Likes

I guess that goes along with turning down the speaker volume at TDECU. Target date 2023 to get that done.

Please tell me that was intentional.

An attendance thread complaining about…basketball?

Wut?

Slow news day, I guess. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lol, I actually came from the same area but for sake of direction said Cleak Lake. Hey neighbor lol :laughing:

1 Like

They always have the cameras on the side opposite to the benches so they won’t be looking at the backs of their heads. If we moved the benches across the court, the cameras would move as well. That would also have the students right behind the benches.

1 Like

Duke has it where you see the back of the heads. They show the student section.

1 Like

Well, except for Duke. Maybe Duke has them on both sides.

There might be some serious infrastructure updates on the club side of the floor. Much more to it than just “moving” the cameras . . . . .

1 Like

Well, you can take the court off for events… so take it off, turn it around, move the cameras over. The wheelchair spots need to be accounted for, no idea where they go. Where the cameras originally were? Lessen the wheelchair seats? Distribute them around?

1 Like

Baylor is building a new basketball facility that will be about 3000 less seats that the Farrell center .

HISD is a lot better than the suburban folks think it is. Are there bad schools in HISD? Absolutely. But those aren’t the neighborhoods most UH grads live in.

You think the people that live in million dollar homes in Oak Forest and the Heights are paying that much to send their kids to bad schools? Absolutely not. They’re buying these homes because of the location and the quality of schools they’re zoned to.

3 Likes

I think Tillman would LOVE to have UH’s attendance the past two games at the Rockets games this year.

2 Likes