Attendance

It looked on tv like the attendance at Kyle field was well over 50% and no social distancing . Did they not have adhere to the governor’s guidelines ?

4 Likes

This is an excellent question.
Does anybody have any answer(s)?

Is uta above any guidelines, be small12 or Texas guidelines? They obviously are.

1 Like

:smile: My man you’ve got longhorn on the brain. They haven’t seen Kyle Field in quite some time.

3 Likes

All restrictions on outdoors events were removed last I heard. I think football stadiums in general have no more restrictions. Cowboys had 25k with the roof closed.

1 Like

The Aggie attendance was listed at a little shy of 25k, which is 25% capacity. I think we were 2k under the crowd we could have drawn. Clemson was listed at slightly under 19k, which is also suspect to me.
I am hoping that UH’s win coupled with a ranked team coming into town can get us to the point we can sell our 25% capacity.
So I don’t think the restrictions have been lift by our governor…inside or out…

1 Like

Well then 50% is allowed, that is what it was in August. There was an increase last month which put restaurants/stores to 75% indoors and 100% outdoor seating. Maybe it was that now there are no restrictions on outdoor events that aren’t at stadiums or venues with a capacity.

However, the county judges are still allowed to set their own restrictions.

2 Likes

Yep looking at other games it is apparent to me that only 25% capacity is allowed…to be honest there were a lot of empty seats at TDECU…no way we had anywhere near that figure.
Not trying to get an argument start about UH attendance because we all know the climate we are currently in along with the confusion.
I know you could buy tickets up to before our game. Regardless, me and my son truly enjoyed watching our Coogs…we had plenty of leg room.
I think the mask rule during the game, if you are safe distancing, is a joke…so like I said, we ate popcorn and drank pop and the security folks left us alone…

2 Likes

It’s 50% right now if anybody wants to do it.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx#outdoor

Note that all UT students had to be Covid tested before attending their games…do UH students do the same? And why not just have everyone tested instead of just the students?

1 Like

We were close to the 10,000 allowed capacity. 8164 in attendance Thursday. I’d love to see it maxed capacity Friday night!

3 Likes

Welp, we will do our part! Go Coogs!

2 Likes

We need to get at least 5,000 students to the game

5 Likes

Did you guys notice the attendance at NRG stadium today. There may have been 2 or 3 thousand people at the most, and that is generous.

This is Houston and support for home teams is very conditional.

2 Likes

There will be more BYU fans than houston fans Friday. If not it’ll be 50-50.

Most of our fans assume they can’t get tickets or aren’t comfortable going due to covid meanwhile BYU fans are super excited UH is allowing 10k people and are buying up every ticket they can. If you remember in 2013 when we played in NRG vs BYU there were probably 10k or so BYU fans there maybe more. BYU has a really large fan base so just watch when it’s 6k BYU fans and 4K houston fans because of seating limitations

3 Likes

I can 100% confirm that every UT student that bought the Big Ticket (UT student season pass) has to test for football games no matter what. UH students do NOT have to do so.

They also assigned seating which killed the social experience for the students, but nobody followed that rule.

Only 1250 students are allowed in the section.

This is a bad policy. Most energy we get from home field comes from the students. If anyone saw any of the ATM game, they had 50,000 fans at least. Probably 15,000 students

As John & Lance pointed out on 97.5 FM last week, the safest place in Houston during the COVID pandemic is at a Texans game!

I opted out of the 2020 season for both sets of college football season tickets in this household. I am hoping our first year without season tickets in over 25 years will rekindle our affection for sports again.

I’m not sure we will have more fans than you guys, but this is the first BYU game this season that fans will be allowed. Our fans are excited to have a chance to attend and there has been a large push to get tickets where possible. We have a ton of alumni in the Houston area along with many BYU fans flying in from Provo. Should be a lot of blue in the stadium this Friday.

5 Likes

Texas based Dr Pepper just announced special promotion to welcome all our Provo-based visitors to the Great State of Texas…FREE Dr Pepper Radical samples during the game…it’s the same great 23 flavors of Dr Pepper with twice the caffeine and twice the sugar. :slight_smile:

3 Likes