Attendance

It sounds like Texas Tech has 90% of the fans. How is that so considering we are both the same distance from the arena?

What else do they have to do in Lubbock?

5 Likes

That is true. Lol

1 Like

What’s new, that’s why we are not P5, at least we fill up our arena at home

1 Like

Lots of TTU alumni in the DFW area. Definitely sounds like a home game atmosphere for the Red Raiders.

7 Likes

Tech grads move to DFW because it’s the closest big city. UH grads already know that DFW sucks, and choose to stay in a world class city.

24 Likes

TT alumni in Dallas are huge, always has been. We in Houston are blessed (???) with aggies. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve watched tons of bubble games as we are doing everything that’s not supposed to happen. No social distancing on the bench, folks crammed all over the court. Scorers table on each other - what the hell?

If a player test positive everyone is going to quarantine unless we strong arm the doctor

1 Like

I’ve know a lot of people who went to Tech. Almost all of them were from Dallas. Tech is the Dallas school of choice for the middle class.

3 Likes

Yes, I would assume that Texas Tech is the clear #1 choice for the DFW middle class students, especially if they aren’t accepted as an incoming freshman at either Austin or Collie Station.

I’m sure that TT alumni far outnumber UH alumni in the DFW area by a huge margin - probably by 5:1 or greater.

2 Likes

A lot of TT fans in DFW, but if we were coming off a Final Four run it would be about even. But yes, it was 90% TT.

Sooooo, a lot of pissed off fans leaving the arena !

2 Likes

I made sure the ones sitting behind me left pissed.

7 Likes

Also, covid spreading in Lubbock would not spread like wildfire as compare to Houston.

Many many Alums from TxTech live in Ft Worth/Dallas area plus current students from Metro Plex area home for Thanksgiving break.

This was virtually a home game for TxTech.

1 Like

Took them to the woodshed in their own backyard.

1 Like

We don’t have a big DFW alumni chapter and up until recently it was pretty poorly run as far as getting people engaged. Tech has far more alums here, not even close. They even have a stand alone Fort Worth chapter. In my high school class I know about 20 people who went to Tech, I am the only person who went to UH (and stopped at UTA first).

I am not upset at all about the crowd because we are in a pandemic. Thank you to those who didn’t travel up to Fort Worth and I am glad the UH DFW alumni chapter did not promote the game or host any events with it. Tech promoted the game pretty hard to their fans and it definitely appeared like many did not care about social distancing.

5 Likes

UH alums have to work Monday.
Tech alums have already stripped the cotton and are just waiting for the winter wheat to come in.
There’s nothing wrong with being a farmer, just weird to go to college to be a farmer.

2 Likes

THIS; and UH has seen their city and university trashed so much by many in the DFW area, they have chosen to live elsewhere!

1 Like