Attention people who own gray seats behind benches

From what I heard n read it was capped at 5k. The rest was for students, band, then allotment for ea gm to have single tiks available for Sale. Pretty sure that was the #, but someone else can fact check me.

I sit in the gray seats. Yes, more folks would be nice. Right behind the visitors bench , where i sit, is where the visitors sit.
Also, you guys in the red seats could do a better job of showing up also.

4 Likes

It looks like we are doing ok on attendance compared to some of the teams we have played at away games. You can bet there will not be many empty seats when Memphis comes to play this year. We are still in a Covid surge. I was much more comfortable attending games at TDECU than I am at the Fertita Center. If we still have empty when we are in the B12 I will be surprised.

Always give your tickets away or sell them immediately when you know you can’t be there. My work keeps me from about 50% of the games.

Fortunately for me (not pertinent to all) I know in advance when I won’t be available. I put my tickets on sale when its more than a week out.

Less than a week I give them to neighbors. Over the last three years I’m estimating my seats have been filled by happy fans roughly 85% of the time.

Sometimes you just can’t give them away for some reason. I chalk it up to the cost of doing business and I rationalize that I’m trying to do what’s best for the team. Maybe I should just give them away every time.

3 Likes

To buy season tickets to football and or basketball there is a required Cougar Pride seat commitment donation. This donation gets you free parking passes. Varsity Club $100 minimum through All Conference club $500 minimum gets you free green lot pass. All American $1,000 minimum through Directors $7,499 gets you the garage pass. Cougar Pride combines football and basketball seat commitments donations for parking pass status for football and basketball.

5 Likes

I get it. Past two years I would say the same thing. I finally said, you know what, I come to each and every game, and some away games. Next year, I’m getting me a gray seat. I was actually surprised when I found out they had availability. So, I got me 2 gray seats. We are there every game. Like someone said before, yaw are focusing on the gray seats, but now I am going to a sold out game and looking at the red seats and they are 70% full. We are doing our part on filling the club seats with our two. They will always be filled. I admire Duke and their fans. I wish for a moment we would have every seat filled in the arena BEFORE the game starts. Playing at home gives us a huge advantage, but how much of a more huge advantage would it be for the team to come out of the tunnel to a 100% filled arena with screaming fans??

5 Likes

I posted here and will send another. It is absolutely possible to turn the court and build a camera set. I’ll emphasize this to athletics in meeting number two as the goal is to sell the atmosphere.

Actually like this message if you would donate towards that cause.

But there’s videos out there of UH Filming on a turned court. “Chicago” defensive play

Screw the gray seats sell the atmosphere

14 Likes

There were plenty of empty seats during PSJ days during the first half of the seasons.

$1000 cougar pride donation

The way you get Houstonians to events is you convince them its “the place to be.”
Houstonians want to take selfies in places they think are cool.

The NFL/NBA logo helps the Texans/Rockets. MLB gives the Astros the legitimacy angle. Fans will go to those games not even knowing where they are in the standings.

UH needs to advertise its sports like its the hottest scene in town…true or otherwise.

I would put Shead’s picture in his jersey over 45 and just splash, “SOLD OUT!” over it. No date. No opponent. Nothing.

5 Likes

Photo of the arena 4 minutes before tipoff between ranked UT and Kansas state.

https://mobile.twitter.com/arnegreen/status/1483611397078626306

4 Likes

It’s kinda a catch 22.

Yes, you wanna grow the fanbase and attendance

But, when we’re in the Big 12, are you still gonna want those Houstonians interested??

Ticket prices could jump quite a bit. Me personally I don’t wanna pay ×2 for my season tickets. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The analogy to the Astros seems right. They were really bad for several years. Then got good, then really good. Attendance skyrocketed, ticket prices went up, but there was more team interest from the common fan

Right now the UH Basketball attendance is probably 90+% from alumni. So if you’re wanting that comman sports fan guy, yeah I guess you need a lot more advertising

But the Big 12 move will help with that alot.

I’m glad you posted this, plenty of great programs don’t have full arenas for every single game. Our biggest crowd will probably be our game against Memphis if they don’t get any worse.

2 Likes

Perception over substance . . . . .

Please, please, please . . . . . for everyone that attends the games . . . . . do this prior to tip off. Second option, don’t move up or down an aisle until the action stops . . . . .

3 Likes

And make a stop at the pissor before you grab that hotdog

1 Like

My seats have been filled 100 percent of the time, by me and my SO . . . . .

1 Like

That’s an Objectivist’s perspective on it. Those are valid points and I’m not completely in disagreement.

+1 for doing Satellite Ops while at the game. And thank you for your service.

1 Like

Yes, but ut fans are notoriously late arriving from their cocktail parties…… especially for BB games as if it a real sport compared to their FB team😎. H