Bad press because of attendance

The forecast said 85 percent chance of rain. I assume that was a factor it was super muggy and the concourse was full, the shade and the wind help there a lot

8 Likes

We did it in 2015 and 2016, we can do it again - we need to keep winning

The Levine, Applewhite and Dana years hurt us, need consistency

7 Likes

This should prove the “Houston Blue” was a one and done promotion, just like the helmets today.

2 Likes

My girlfriend says she was glad to meet Coogfans legend JohnnyCoog

4 Likes

My son is current student and said you wouldn’t even no we have a game each week on campus no hype, unlike basketball they do a better job of marketing.

5 Likes

Those gray seats were inside Penick getting their pork chops

5 Likes

UH also needs to come to reality that the design of TDECU Stadium was a screw up specifically the home side. There is such a big gap between the major seating sections with the suite and press box levles in between. It makes the stadium look to have so much empty space and not filled. Then there is the logistics where fans on the upper home side have to take a hike to get to their seats a big distance away from restrooms and concessions. We live in a city with pro sports and the UH stadium has aged terribly when it comes to ammenities. The third deck on the away side is also a hike down two separate sets of stairs to get restroom and concessions. The away side looks empty because fans stay on the lower decks instead of going up to their seats.

4 Likes

They at least need to fire the woman who is hosting. She is awful. It is obvious she does zero preparation, but it fits well with the staff. They played the UCF Bounce House song (Kernkraft 400) and broadcast that we were playing Southern on the big screen. The whole operation seems very 3rd rate. Do not get me started on the concessions.

Why do I keep attending? I love the Coogs, but question my decision.

30 Likes

Sure looked like fans love the blue, I was surprised based on all the hate it gets on Coogfans but merchandise sales looked great in the stadium
Ohh and those helmets were cool af

3 Likes

I beg them to get a new stadium pa announcer. We have the guy who does Astros games. Two different sports that requires different energy calling the game

Bob Ford does a hell of a job and we’re lucky to have him.

I was his football coach when he was in the 9th grade in Galveston but that has nothing to do with my opinion. His sister is married to my cousin but that has nothing to do with it either.

He’s consummate professional in my book.

9 Likes

He does a great job.

I am talking about the annoying lady who screams cluelessly whenever there is a break in gameplay. Terrible.

13 Likes

On a Saturday, sure.

On a Saturday MORNING?!? No.

I live 10 minutes from the stadium and I walked in during the national anthem. It’s wake up and go straight to the game, no coffee, no breakfast. Gotta admit, I was feeling great after 4 of them 25 oz beers on an empty stomach. :joy:

12 Likes

It just be nice get a little more energy after a big play

You should have got up earlier and wnt to tel wink.:grinning:

1 Like

My bad, Katie! I misunderstood and I agree with you.

1 Like

I don’t know her name and I like calling her the screamer anyway.

Not to get conspiracy theorist on this but why is this national news. I’ve had so many friends sending me tweets or seeing the BigXII media pages shaming us for this. We are not the only school that has these issues. What’s SMU drawing? Why don’t I see them in the media.

I really feel like somebody is trying to make us look worse.

They also take these pics before kickoff and say empty stadium. 25k isn’t great but it also isn’t nearly empty stadium. It’s more than half full.

Why is this a national media story lately? It feels like we are getting targeted. Who’d we piss off? Who are we competing with for recruits lately that they are trying to make us look bad?

College viewership is also down.

7 Likes

It is either her or the Blaze. They sound the same.

3 Likes

SMU attendance is awful. Truly.

1 Like