Northwestern in the big ten forever had half the stadium empty for its grand opening. They still spanked PSU though
Wasn’t Duarte the one who put that video out?
Well maybe the person who chose her as the new announcer has done a “personal audition” with her and likes screamers lol. She must know somebody
I was there today with my 73 year old Mom. She cheered as loud as anyone in our section and never left her seat for the shade. I wish our fans would show up. Today’s attendance was embarrassing, but we’ve see this same apathy for decades. I appreciate all those thay showed up today, and hope some other fans will start supporting the team in person. It was definitely hot and stagnant, but it was another great day spent with friends and family, and best of all our Coogs found a way to win.
After more than 50 years of complaining about UH attendance, I am running out of new things to say. I know UH knows it is a problem and is working on it, and I go to the games. My conscience is clear.
Agreed. We replaced Chinedu with… that?!
If you were not there don’t complain. It was miserably hot. I almost left at haft time, glad I stayed.
If you want better attendance let the university set the start time and not ESPN.
Nothing else to say. we are not going to be kicked out of the BIG 12 because of our media market.
There’s plenty who aren’t, but do
This page made multiple posts. Is it run by Tech fans? They are all still convinced they outnumbered us in our stadium last year because they saw a ton of “red.”
I’ve come to realize that all you can do is go to the games. You can’t control what anyone else does.
Womp womp. Those who didn’t go shoulda went
Sorry Ace, but I was there 1.5 hours before kickoff and stayed the entire game.
I find the 11:00 AM excuse ridiculously funny. As if a 3:00 PM or 7:00 PM start would pack the stadium. Those times may add what, 1,000 more fans? Pushing back start times is a convenient solution, but in my mind, would not make a significant difference. UCF is not a strong draw in Houston.
Those daylight fireworks really showed them .
11am start time does matter. I know 4 Cypress HS that had varsity games at 11am today and more playing later. A lot of people miss because their kids have something going on at 11am.
Add the Heat, the weather lately, and there is plenty of reason the 11am start wasn’t great.
Plenty of people also stayed out late last night and came to the game late. Pushing the game back will make a difference on attendance. All you have to do is look at average attendance based on time.
I respectfully disagree. UCF might not be the biggest draw in the world, but are people who will come to the game game later in the day that will not come earlier. I would like to go to a game where I am not sunburned and exhausted from the heat. What the picture of the empty stadium does not show is all the people standing in the shade watching the game and not in their seats.
Our stadium design allows people to be under cover without ever leaving the concourse.
Over the last 5 years it increased attendance by a bit more than 25%.
This is the way an old-schooler goes at it.
The student section was good. The second level is not officially the student section. Just the lower part.
Two years out of about 65 does not make a reference point. It constitutes an outlier.
Eh in 2015 I remember we only had 25k for a Thursday night game against SMU. It was really only the Memphis and Navy that had great turnouts.

