Baylor Animosity

Plus their charlatan almuni benefactor stole from the city by not supporting the Astro’s salary while he was shopping them in the market. Which made the sale susceptible to MLB coercion that placed us in the western division of the AL. What a travesty that was. While the commissioner’s family owned team, the Brewers, took our spot. That fancy stadium Baylor plays in was paid for by the citizens of Houston. So another reason to hate Baylor.

11 Likes

I already know my UT friends will be talking up Baylor, Big 12.

Being better than the B12 teams is another excuse for them to keep us out of the B12.

6 Likes

How can you have a thread without anger. That’s like “Dukes of Hazard” without Daisy

3 Likes

Baylor by association with B12 is reason to want them to lose.

4 Likes

Brad, do a little research on the evil empire and get back to us.

Look at our cougar paw sign. A mockingly gesture by their fans when Shasta was injured.

Look at the NCAA probations with the chair being a law professor at UT. Look at the disparity of penalties back in the 70’s and 80’s

Look at the Big 12-2. The Big 8 was willing to take the SWC in toto, but UT said no.

Their sheer arrogance, unwilling to shar PUF funds. A&M had to sue just to get their portion. Think we’ll ever get a portion? Think they’ll lift a finger to help us get AAU?.

They destroyed the SWC, they’ll kill the Big 12-2 as well if it suits them. Oh yeah, they supported us for Big12-2 membership a few years ago. How’d that work out?

They tried a scam to build a UT-Houston campus

Too know UT is to hate UT.

9 Likes

Just FYI: Years ago, Baylor restructured their board of trustees to make it more independent of the Southern Baptist Convention. It’s a sticky subject among old-school SBC types, some of whom consider Baylor “Sodom on the Brazos.”

As for me, Baylor and UH were the only two schools I applied to coming out of High School. I chose UH, and have never regretted it. But I still like the Bears. I like anyone who beats UT, frankly. Their scandals have been well-reported, and rightly so. But as for them taking our spot in the Big 12, I am angrier at Texas for destroying the SWC. Baylor was just trying to stay alive, like we were.

5 Likes

Baylor and UT are the two programs that are most responsible for UH not being in the Big 12. That put us in two decades of sports abyss that UH has fought so hard to get out of and still fighting to get over. Baylor is over due for beating by UH in this game on Saturday!

5 Likes

I don’t eat gummy bears because I hate Baylor.

11 Likes

It’s definitely more prevalent in older Coogs. Pops played at UH and he hated TU with a passion and passed it on. I also remember the arrogance and pure racism directed toward UH as a kid at many of the games. As for the BU rape coverups, none of us know the truth but you’d have to have your head buried in the sand to not know it’s been a problem for many decades. Short of murder, TU has been covering up crimes with the worst of them for many moons as well

This horse has been dead for a long time. Let’s move along.

3 Likes

Really? You started this BS thread and now you’re laying ground rules of conduct for others to follow.

I’m amazed at your hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Are they still requiring freshmen to take their religious class for the year?

Don’t forget the murder coverup by Dave Bliss

3 Likes

Don’t you “piss and moaners” have anything better to do with your time?

Can’t we just stick with “blame it on UT, CTH, and the Refs”.

I can’t believe some of you can’t find it within yourself to hate Baylor, because, based on two popular notions on this thread, you can only hate ut exclusively or because the student population has turned over, you believe they are free and clear of their infamous past.

Whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

Remember when UH had all of the equipment right in front of Baylor’s football stadium and then they cancelled the game?? I hope the basketball team takes revenge for that!

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Holgorsendana/status/1376718587407314946?s=19

Dana Holgorsen remembers!

9 Likes

For all you touchy feely goodwill folks who don’t want to hate them I hope you all realize that us “Haters” (so to speak) don’t mean that we wish them physical harm and other misfortune in their personal lives. Not at all.

We wish them ill will certainly from an athletic standpoint and otherwise in university prestige.

We all need to have an inborn sense of competition.

We need to be winners. Baylor is now in our way this week they must be vanquished.

Either that, or join a tea club and invite them over for cucumber sandwiches.

3 Likes

I hope everyone associated with Baylor dies

But its not like Texas and Texas A&M where I hope they linger in agonizing pain and misery before they die.

TCU I am fine with them being horribly mangled for the rest of their lives.

Tech … they play us…live and let live.

SMU…as much whining and piddling down both legs and pleading that Daddy has money…they aren’t worth it.

Rice…yeah whatever.

7 Likes