Be honest, did you abandon ship at halftime

Just wanna which of you bailed on the Coogs physically or mentally when we were down 10.

I was pissed and wanted to see if this team could play to our culture with everything on the line. Happy with the results.

4 Likes

I texted my friend I thought 10 points was a lot to overcome. I knew we had a run in us, was just hoping we could have kept it closer.

Nope. I said they had to prove that they wanted it

1 Like

I’d guess you and spring branch Coog did.

3 Likes

I don’t think any real fans here would have that thought even enter their mind.
Did I think it was possible that we might not win? Yes.

But did I think about “abandoning ship” wtf?

Dumb question to anyone that is a real fan.

You ratted yourself out TP.

2 Likes

I’m guessing you didn’t see Pearland’s comments at halftime.

1 Like

I’m responding to your question on the thread you created….did not realize there was a pre-requisite in another thread.

And I couldn’t give a sh-t what that gloom and doom, eyore a$$ fool said.

3 Likes

Nope, I shouted at Bruce Pearl saying that “He will lose the game.” My logic was simple and as explained to my friend- they were up 10 points shooting a whopping 55% fg and close to 45% from 3 points. There was no way they will sustain that and they were up only 10 points. Hence, I was sure we will win but of course was expecting a 5-7 points win and not 17 points.

5 Likes

I didn’t technically bail.
I walked away to give the team better luck when I saw them fall behind every time I watched them.

3 Likes

A funny thing has started happening to me as a Coog.

Even when our basketball team is losing, i stay relaxed and trust that we will figure it out.

This is a stark contrast from football where even when we’re winning, i figure we’re going to find a way to lose.

12 Likes

Same. I do my part in sacrificing game watching every now and then so that the Coogs can do their job without any jinxing

1 Like

I held my pee in and didnt change my hand and body position on the sofa. Y’all can thank my bladder. :saluting_face: :face_with_monocle: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Nope. Not at all. There was no reason to.

No way. I knew I needed to make some adjustments with what I was wearing and we’d be good.

Worked like a charm.

1 Like

I didn’t. I’ve seen them come back from harder obstacles. I just knew we’d play our game second half. We’ve done it all year.

i was worried as hell and I was cussing the committee for creating this scenario. in retrospect this matchup might have primed our motor and gotten us back on track

8 Likes

Delete thread ban op. It’s a Sampson coached team. Who abandons ship on his teams at half? Really?

1 Like

We got them right where we wanted at halftime. I was hoping 5-7 points definite instead 10. Auburn thought our defense was soft and weren’t ready for our intense defense in 2H. All part of CKS game plan. LOL

Don’t be like General Grevious and abandon ship. Be civilized like Obi-wan and have another happy landing.