Be honest, did you abandon ship at halftime

I had to go outside and take some deep breaths. Truthfully, I believed they could do it but I was worried.

1 Like

No true Coog would do what the OP asks. Another stupid thread.

4 Likes

Neither this team, nor any Sampson team, ever quits. Why would I quit on them? Sampson has benefitted greatly from his NBA experience. He knows how to manipulate his roster and play with his minutes. I felt pretty confident because I had an inkling that Sampson went to the zone to protect Sasser and Shead and to get to the 2nd half without too much foul trouble. Auburn reminded me a little of Memphis, but they sure as hell weren’t Memphis. I figured we would go man 2 man and put the clamps on them when we could get to the end and keep people in the game. Thankfully we had people really come on (Mark, Sharp, Francis et al) and put it on Auburn.

That first half was the first time I have been disappointed in this team the l
Past 5+ years.

Nope. My proof is in the game thread.

I’m a lifelong fatalistic coogfan in every sport but hoops. Sampson has gained my trust. We might lose but we aren’t going to ever open a can of quit so I won’t quit on them.

6 Likes

I was down but not out

1 Like

After Rutger in 2021 I stopped asking questions. In Sampson we trust! Lol

2 Likes

I never had a doubt.

1 Like

NO!

I was just waiting for them to go on one of their patented 50-23 second half runs.

2 Likes

Apparently a few (in the thread and elsewhere) would.

Too soon?

3 Likes

IMHO, there is a MAJOR difference between constructive criticism from a teacher/coach than any criticism from a fan. The players expect to be criticized by coaches, who are usually paid to do a job. None of the people (to be best of my knowledge) commenting on here are paid to comment on any of our players . . . . .

1 Like

I missed the first half, so actually jumped onto the sinking ship. That’s probably why we won.

1 Like

I agree. Dave Williams was a total failure . . . . .

3 Likes

Wow. Those were some rough basketball years.

I thought we might very well come back in the 2nd half.

But I NEVER imagined that we’d completely BLOW THEM OUT.

I figured we’d slowly chip away at their lead after halftime and win late.

But WOW!!!

We absolutely BURIED those guys.

GO COOGS!!!

2 Likes

Ban poster. Always too soon!

6 Likes

It literally felt like Auburn vs Mark the last five minutes with them at a disadvantage

1 Like

Depends on one’s level of experience, and based on your projection of this thought apprently you have none.