Be honest, did you abandon ship at halftime

No. Saw a path forward to win, the team just needed to execute.

2 Likes

most on here were fretting about defense in the first half. i always fret about offense. always.

1 Like

No I did not abandon ship

1 Like

No, but I was definitely concerned with Auburn’s physicality. They were getting in the paint with ease. They never really stopped Broome. Thankfully, he was clanking his FTs.

3 Likes

Internet coog fan: “hell no, i didn’t abandon ship!”

meanwhile, behind the keyboard:

11 Likes

No, of course not.

I did say to myself: “Oh boy, it is not easy being a Coog”

Discouraged? Absolutely. Quit? Never.

5 Likes

I didn’t abandon but did separate from the wife when I left the TV room and laid on the ottoman at the foot of my bed and watched quietly in the dark.

Afterword my wife said. “It was quiet back there, I wasn’t sure if you stroked out or what, but it was working so I left it alone. I figured I couldn’t help you if you did, but the Coogs were winning, so at least we had that.”

9 Likes

I know you
 You would NEVER abandon the Coogs!

Careful. That quote can have a double meaning.

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

God bless your wife.

She is a national treasure, and must be protected at all costs.

1 Like

Better to Leia

I plea the Fifth. :grinning:

1 Like

Nope, but sure got nervous when Shead picked up his 4th foul. I think they missed a free throw and never really tried to press us.

I was forcefully removed from the remote. Wife said no more. I then steam mopped the dang living room and kitchen. Started to clean grout as well. Wife said she was proud of me for not looking at the score and then cursed at me when she came over to see why I was so quiet while cleaning the grout in the kitchen. I was watching it on my phone with no volume.

1 Like

my wife
left the tv and started cleaning the house, chanting go coogs the whole time 
.she never gave up, just couldn’t watch
.she watched the recording after

2 Likes

I wanted to turn it off simply to end the pain but my dad wouldn’t let me. So even then I watched the entire game

Oh I was worried, but, no, didn’t abandon. So pumped with the come back. And it wasn’t just a come back to win by one or two points. It was a performance by the #1 team in the nation. That game gave me more confidence than I had starting the tournament. So stoked for the S16. I know a lot of fans that are making the trip.

1 Like

I was more worried before the game than at halftime.

Before the game we didn’t know how much we could get out of Sasser. By halftime we knew he was putting everything he had into it.

We were down by ten at halftime, which was disappointing. But you know we just need one basket to be down by 8. If we could keep Auburn lead in single digits we were within striking distance.

Instead, we came out and erased most of the deficit completely within 2 minutes. At that point I was confident. Then came the fourth fouls on Sasser and Shead, and I was nervous
 But still confident. :grin:

For the Coogs to weather that stretch and EXTEND the lead with three freshman on the court was totally satisfying. And with Mark taking over the game, man I was sky high as the minutes ticked down.

Great game, Coogs.

5 Likes