Best BBQ in Texas...name your joint

Kreuz’s in Lockhart is still my favorite.

It’s $8.99 - $10.99 for brisket in SoCal. I have to wait for Costco to stock it so I can get it at $4.99.

1 Like

3.5 lb?

2 Likes

I like Goodes BBQ on I-10 close to Campbell.

Back in the late 80’s lived and worked in DFW. I had Sony Brian’s. Dang that was good. Not sure they’re still around.

Yes still around. Good sauce.

Wasn’t that a cheap Japanese import in the 80s? Commie bastards… :joy:

1 Like

Sonny Bryan’s

2 Likes

Love Goode Co! Used to go to their Kirby location all the time. IMHO, they’ve the best sauce bar none.

1 Like

Swinging Door BBQ on FM 359 in Richmond Texas……It’s been serving BBQ for over 40 years
at the same location…… awesome bbq…great owner’s & atmosphere……

2 Likes

Yep, I would drop in several times in mid-late 80s as the Co I worked for out of College for 7 yrs , job would require me every Friday to drive on Hwy 359 in what was mainly just a Country road

They just opened up a Killens bbq here in Cypress where I live. Hoping to try very soon. See if it lives up to the hype… have never had it.

1 Like

Time and date. I’ll bring beer.

1 Like

I thought it closed during COVID. Since that’s out of my way, I haven’t gone by it in a long time. But, I do like it a lot.

LOL…I see dailyC corrected my spelling. I’m gonna leave my post as is for laughs.

2 Likes

Hayes County Barbecue in San Marcos.
I really like Rudy’s, too.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Old 300 in Blanco. Everything I’ve had there is great.

Yes I like RR bbq sauce. But my mother in laws with a little shiner beer added was the best.

I ate a Killens bbq sandwich at a Texans game and it was probably the best I’ve ever had. I would imagine one from the restaurant would be even better.

1 Like

It’s not the best BBQ in Texas, but don’t sleep on Old Hickory Inn. There’s one on S. Braeswood and a location in Missouri City. It’s pretty good. It won’t bust your budget either.

1 Like