Best road trip in the new Big 12?

Just trying to plan ahead. I’m familiar with Waco and once lived in Ft Worth, but have never visited any of the others. Any thoughts from more experienced travelers?

1 Like

Provo has to be high on the list. I spent a month in Cincinnati once. No thank you to that trip.

8 Likes

I’ve been to Stillwater twice. Great game day atmosphere. Not the best road trip, but fun.

2 Likes

Stillwater and Waco both have world class Walmarts. Lubbock features weather so bad you can get your car sand blasted and blown to another location all at once. Fort Worth is less terrible than many believe. Provo is close to mountains.

5 Likes

Cincinnati- really bad chilli
West Virginia - really bad teeth
Iowa State - no clue
Kansas - BBQ and the Blues
Kanas State - no clue
Okie State - no clue assuming BBQ
Tech - STDs
Baylor - umm I don’t know.
TCU - stockyards?
BYU - good milkshakes?
UCF - I am going to Disney World

I am going with UCF and Kansas

4 Likes

Waco and Fort Worth will be the least desired…nothing in Waco and Fort Worth has a lot of crime…Stockyards used to be nice…WV is Beautiful in the fall and Provo is a must!

4 Likes

Skiing in Utah.

Perhaps DisneyWorld in Orlando.

Those are the two obvious ones.

2 Likes

AMES!!!

1 Like

Road trips are not the strong point of this new deal. Once you get past Orlando it’s pretty much tumbleweeds.

West Virginia in the fall is beautiful. Utah would be 2nd

3 Likes

Morgantown sound be fun and if it’s early enough in the season do into Summerville and hit the Gauley whitewater on a Friday, game on Saturday.

UCF I have young kids so I can turn that trip into a thing one time

Fall in Provo, Utah sounds delightful.

2 Likes

Like Houston isn’t also right

2 Likes

If you go to WV, you can take a side trip to the Green Bank observatory which has the world’s largest steerable radio telescope. Dolly Sods wilderness is also a beautiful place to visit. Here’s the deal, you don’t go to WV for wild party life, you go to view the wild beauty of the state.

5 Likes

Lawrence is a trip to Kansas City. I like KC. Some really great neighborhoods, decent history, BBQ

Manhattan is a GREAT college town. Beautiful campus with a lot of uniformity in stone from the Flint Hills.

Never been to Ames but it’s half an hour to Des Moines

Morgantown gives you a weekend it Pittsburgh which is one of my favorite cities.

Cincy campus is really cool. Great architecture and stadium

Orlando is a strip mall methy hell hole. I’d rank it just above Lubbock

3 Likes

Too bad the Aggies left…we could all meet at the Dixie chicken

2 Likes

West Virginia is beautiful. I spend a lot of time in the southern part of the state.

Morgantown basically is on a side of a mountain. That part of the state is not as nice as the rest in my opinion.

3 Likes

Ames is awful. Manhattan is awful. Waco is a ### hole. And Lubbock…lololololololol

I love Stillwater not for the amenities or attractions but because they are great people. Easily as good a fans as BYU and you can wear your Cougar red anyplace in town without being insulted. Maybe the most unassuming and hospitable fans in the country.

7 Likes

Still UCF

1 Like

I dated a woman from Louisiana who was attending school at the Texas Medical Center to become a nurse anesthetist, she had to do internship in Lubbock and couldn’t wait to get back to Houston.

1 Like

I remember hearing that BYU’s stadium will be the largest in the “new” Big 12.

1 Like