Big 12 & ACC formally bow down to the SEC & Big 10

At least we have a seat at the table

ACC, Big 12 on-board with new College Football Playoff format, report says - al.com

Big Ten and SEC would combine to earn about 58% of the CFP’s base distribution. The figure would greatly exceed the ACC and Big 12’s combined distribution number, which is expected to be around 32%. The remaining amount (roughly 10%) will be distributed to Notre Dame and the 64 Group of Five teams.

3 Likes

50% for the rascals and B12/ACC split of 40% seemed better.

1 Like

Cowards

3 Likes

Beat the bitches on the field!

5 Likes

Man I can’t wait to read a book someone writes in a few years with details of the discussions and why Big 12/ACC capitulated!

1 Like

No leverage.

The few top brands in the Big 12/ ACC are already positioning to make the move to the P2 and the rest ALL hope they somehow land a magic ticket to a larger P2 breakaway.

Pushing back would possibly push theP2 to break way TODAY leaving today significantly downgrading the Big 12/ACC + G5 to the minor leagues TODAY as compared to some mystical point in the future…but it IS HAPPENING…just a matter of time!

3 Likes

I agree. We’ve reached the point now where muscular realpolitik wins out, at least until we have a couple or three football national champions.

1 Like

Those with the gold rule and the SEC took our stash with OU and Texas

1 Like

Another article from another post.

Look at the positives

No split

Big 12 more money than the past regardless

Yea. That’s just the part of the cfp monies. I don’t know what the future of the b12 is but I know its gonna be financially beneficial to the university. Great money for a program that needs it.

Btw- can you imagine what the g5 are gonna get after ND runs their greedy paws through it.

1 Like

G5 goes from 1.5 to to approx. 1.8 mil.

We have to count our blessings and even though it’s not sec money, the cfp money is double for the big12 from the old payoff payout.

Yeah, Rutgers, Northwestern and Illinois certainly deserve it.

2 Likes

Only one way to look at this with Cougars glasses on. We’re not getting G5 money like we would a year ago. Count our blessings!!

6 Likes

Its better than where we were but you know they powers that be would find some way to pull a fast one on us after we finally got a seat at the big boy table.

Being friends with the bully is better than getting beat up by the bully.

In the end clearly there is now a 3 tier system for college football. The sooner we compromised with BIG/SEC and locked in our spot in the middle the better long term for us. There is no point into trying to stand up to them other than “yeah we stood up to you” kinda feelings and the harder and longer we would’ve done that the higher risk they say screw it you guys aren’t worth the trouble we will just break away.

I think a key is getting that second locked in automatic playoff spot and then some kind of guarantee if the ACC dissolves we get at least one of the 2 ACC playoff spots.

Bball will still dominate with Arizona, KU, Baylor, TT, ISU, Houston, BYU, etc… better chance to keep bball flowing well if we maximize football money and that means playing with BIG/SEC.

1 Like

Don’t forget Vanderbilt

As of today, this is the hierarchy:

P2 (B1G + SEC)
P2 Independent (Notre Dame)

M2 (ACC + Big 12)

G5 + PAC 2

And the Mississippi schools

1 Like
1 Like

Can’t wait to watch Game Day and hear all the stats read with the caveat of which tier each stat is from…and how if it’s not from a p2 it doesn’t count anyway.

1 Like