Big 12 & ACC formally bow down to the SEC & Big 10

Yeah, the rats will move the needle any way possible

CFB is officially dead they way we have known it and consumed it as fans. Stankey already working on the CBB to seek more financial advantage. Stay tuned.

Well at least no breakaway. There is a hierarchy like your saying but there always was the deal of certain power conferences being perceived as better than others and making more money. The old big East with Miami wasn’t as good as the big10 or sec. The big 12 with UT and OU wasn’t as good as the sec nor got the money like the sec so UT and OU bolted.

The big12 is still a power conf making good money close to 50 mil or so. We aren’t g5 nor called a middle p4. It’s simply p2 then when they mention major conferences it’s p4 and the Acc and big12 are in it.

It’s the same as in the past where the pac was considered the weakest p5 for a while and made less money.

Also we have to look at it as in we got a big raise. If I got a big raise at work, I wouldn’t care if joe got a bigger raise bc I’m good now.

G5 really sucks to be them bc they make 1.8 mil and have 64 teams fighting for 1 spot where as we have 16 fighting for 1 to 2 spots and we make way more which helps with the debt.

3 Likes

From a purely financial standpoint, it was always going to break down similarly anyways. At 32% for the ACC/B12 - that is the equivalent of 4.5 slots out of the 14.

1 Like

Let’s prove we deserve more!

3 Likes

This. Exactly.

As long as P2 (used more on this board than other places?) doesn’t become a thing and P4 remains, then we should be fine with $50 mil and fighting for championships.

Let’s face it, there are some premier programs (not just us) who are part of the P4 and not P2 that will not accept use of P2.

2 Likes

The new PO is good until 2031 all bets are off the P2 don’t break away, after that. Watched Flugaur he said things are getting ready to heat up in the ACC where Clemson, UNC, Miami are going to pull the trigger here real soon sometime later this month…

B1G
SEC

Notre Dame

ACC (w/ FSU, Clemson, UNC)
Big 12

G5

1 Like

Sorry, they arent going anywhere…ACC got 2 auto spots in playoff…they got what they needed, as did we…SEC and BIG arent adding ACC teams…WHY WOULD THEY??? …P2 talk is nothing but BS DRIVEL!!! Big 12 /ACC can win nattys too, so enough whining because they make more money…SO WHAT?? will it stop us from beating them and winning NCs in FB or BB? NO!

4 Likes

Correct!

They haven’t chose the format from all those who are following this Dellenger etc., they are saying the powers that be are leaning to a 5-7 or 5-9 format.

G5 getting @ extra $300k from all that $ ?
Pays for the baseball staff at least. Maybe not at ECU.

Two reasons to accept this deal:

• Money

• Money

Even though the amount is less than the Pee 2, it is still way more than they would get otherwise. Plus, you probably got people like Clemson, FSU, UVA and UNC believing that at some point they will be in the P2, so they are just biding their time.

I am still of the opinion that Congress must get involved and regulate this, or, college sports will not survive (I am fine with that BTW). Instead, it spends almost its entire time dealing with players/athletes, rather than schools/conferences and the real villains, the Networks, especially the Mouse.

1 Like

It’s most likely just going to change again once those teams leave the ACC.

The Big 12 (hopefully) just completely assumes an extra autoqualifier once they inevitably merge with the ACC (hence the provision that Yormark was trying to get agreed into the CFP deal)

The more this FSU-ACC deal lingers on, the more I feel like they have a chance to leave. From a financial perspective, it’s not in ESPN’s interest for them (or Clemson/UNC/Virginia) to leave the ACC; however, it’s probably what the CFP committee wants.

The ACC has to compete with the Big 12 just for 2 spots, and the committee probably hates the fact that brands like FSU and Clemson have a tougher time making the CFP.

I’m curious, why do you think College Football will not survive?

To me this is WAY better FOR EVERYONE than the BCS era or for 98% of the 4 team playoff era.

During the BCS + 4 Team Playoff era G5 equivalent schools had virtually ZERO chance at playing for a National Championship…and really ONLY Cincinnati broke through for that minuscule chance

Now, not only do they have a shot…they get an automatic spot in a Playoff EVERY YEAR!

Why in the world would you get the Government involved?

Not to mention Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Miss St, S Carolina, Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas AM and on !!

As a G5 leader said “the CFP made them an offer they couldn’t refuse”,

• The G5 members are sitting around an “coffee table”.
• B12 and ACC are sitting around the “breakfast table”.
• B1G & SEC are sitting in a “Banquet hall” at a “W Hotel”.

1 Like

Related to saban complaints but sorta related here. He wants nil to be equal for all which I disagree with unless it’s more equal for all in other areas.

Point of this is he’s before congress testifying and congress might act on it but it’s a for shadowing of how lawsuits would happen in a breakaway. This is why we’re getting a 14 team playoff bc right now the p2 could breakaway like they could have decades ago but they don’t want the mess of lawsuits and it’s why g5 is always included recently.

Again I disagree with saban

of course, he knows NIL is not sustainable for a poor university in a poor state with limited marketing opportunities like the University of Alabama.

7 Likes

This.