BIG 12 FOOTBALL & HOUSTON PREDICTIONS

Got this idea and ended up doing this for fun. This is based on every team’s schedule. Bound to be completely wrong but curious about your thoughts.

BIG 12 STANDINGS:

1. OKLAHOMA STATE 11-1 (8-1)
  2. KANSAS STATE 10-2 (7-2)
  3. UTAH 10-2 (7-2)
  4. ARIZONA 9-3 (7-2)
  5. TEXAS TECH 8-4 (6-3)
  6. IOWA STATE 8-4 (6-3)
  7. WEST VIRGINIA 7-5 (5-4)
  8. KANSAS 8-4 (5-4)
  9. CENTRAL FLORIDA 7-5 (5-4)
  10. HOUSTON 6-6 (4-5)
  11. TEXAS CHRISTIAN 6-6 (3-6)
  12. BAYLOR 5-7 (3-6)
  13. COLORADO 4-8 (2-7)
  14. BYU 4-8 (2-7)
  15. CINCINNATI 3-9 (1-8)
  16. ARIZONA STATE 2-10 (0-9)

HOUSTON:
Schedule | Prediction | Win Percentage
UNLV | (W) 42-20 | 90.00%
@ Oklahoma | (L) 45-27 | 40.00%
Rice | (W) 38-21 | 80.00%
@ Cincinnati | (W) 31-24 | 60.00%
Iowa State | (L) 31-20 | 40.00%
@ Texas Christian | (W) 28-27 | 50.00%
@ Kansas | (L) 34-28 | 50.00%
Utah | (L) 42-31 | 30.00%
Kansas State | (L) 38-20 | 30.00%
@ Arizona | (L) 35-24 | 30.00%
Baylor | (W) 35-28 | 60.00%
@ BYU | (W) 31-24 | 50.00%
Ceiling: 7-5 | Floor: 4-8 | Prediction: 6-6

10 Likes

Not sure that road games at TCU, Cinci and BYU will tilt 50-60% in our favor. TCU will definitely be an upset win.

6 Likes

that’s a lot of speculation but overall for the big12,

I would think utah and arizona will finish highest as they come off the pac12 schedule, one or two losses each my guess.

colorado also gets an easier schedule and second prime season, 6 wins seems doable and byu has ut and ou come off their 2023 schedule, so 6 wins seems doable for them.

i’d bet only cinci and az state have 4 wins or less.

put me down for the big 12 having 2 or 3 10 plus win teams, a buttload of 6-6, 7-5 teams and cinci and az state at the bottom.

I would put the coogs down for 6 wins though, a lot of last season was on the coach and in game calls and mgt; should be a lot better now.

fbs schedules

Oklahoma St on upset in week 1

I’m not setting the over/under. I’m giving how comfortable I feel about winning the game on a 1-100% scale, based on returning staff, returning players, talent, and returning production. TCU has some old starters, but those players are very mid… all TCU’s talent from recent recruiting cycles are either true freshmen or sophomores.

TCU’s same ole players beat us last year in our opening Big 12 game. They like their QB and have the staff back. Crowd will be down a bit. Just saying this will be an upset. Friday night Riff Ram drunkenness.

Road trip to Fort Worth. Nice place to spend the weekend. Game on Friday, enjoy Saturday, get back home on Sunday.

1 Like

Smith release is looking smooth! He got invited to the Manning passing camp. Tune did going into his senior year as well. I wasn’t sure if I bought into smith coming into the off season. But after hearing some draft buzz and seeing him on mock drafts. I came around to being really excited for what smith can do for us this year. I think Fritz’s will get the best out of him. I think smith taking the spring to sit back and learn from bell and Fritz’s and see the game in a different light might end up being a blessing in disguise

ps: this is only a story posted by manning passing camp insta page, so it will delete soon

4 Likes

7-5 sounds right.

@Pollardsvision

They better get us now because by 2025-2026 seasons UH will be a perennial top 25 team powerhouse :paw_prints: :eyes::eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

I like the optimism in yall’s picks…I think we’ll go 6-6 and hope for even better…Solid first year with much better to come…HOW good will it be to see a Houston team well coached and well prepared for opponents?

6 Likes

12-0!

2 Likes

At this point, I’m not feeling it for any UH road wins. Need some time to establish the culture. I could be, and hope, I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Too early to pick overall standings, but first guess at UH

UNLV | W
@ Oklahoma | L
Rice | W
@ Cincinnati | W
Iowa State | L (not sure)
@ Texas Christian | L
@ Kansas | W
Utah | L
Kansas State | L
@ Arizona | L (not sure about new staff though)
Baylor | W
@ BYU | W (altitude and weather may be factor)

I have 6-6, maybe chance at 7-5.

2 Likes
2 Likes

6-6 is acceptable.

But I predict that Fritz exceeds expectations.

3 Likes

I don’t expect us to stay in the game but upsetting Oklahoma up there(2nd game) would exceed everyone’s expectations and get the bandwagon started early

6 Likes

Agree with that. I think we would all be happy to be wrong on the L predictions for that game.

Again accuracy isn’t his problem. It’s mechanics and reads

6 Likes

4-8. :sob:

1 Like