Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

I’m trying to figure out how you play half a game. :thinking:

1 Like

Haha I was thinking 2 or 3 depending on the year, but as I subsequently mention my entire thinking was off on that one.

Seems like Oregon St. and Wazzu want the PAC-12 to survive, and I can understand that. Most are okay with SDSU but seems quite a few would rather have UNLV or Fresno St. instead of SMU.

Then, on an Arizona board, there is a poll and 70% of those who voted want to be in the Big XII.

https://beardownwildcats.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7415&sid=a73532bed93df50e0d062700919790b9

1 Like

That’s akin to the “Vote of Confidence” given to coaches midseason before firing them a couple of games later, or by the season’s end.

2 Likes

They are all proud members of the Pac12 (…twitch, twitch)

4 Likes

I believe they lifted that language from the “former” Big East… :grin:

3 Likes

Such backlash from SMU visit that they decided to release a statement.

They’ll stay at 10 , take the 25 million, wait until 2030s.

1 Like

Wetzel/ Forde/ Dellinger open with it.

Also opens w GK to SMU visit. Starts at 12:40.
Nicole Auerbach- Pac-12 realignment

John Kurtz

Rather grim.

Barry sees Okie struggling.

Expansion candidates from 7 sources.

My guess was the initial plan was to follow that SMU visit with an invite this week. That thing didn’t go over well especially with the commissioner donning a cap to hide his face.

Never seen anything like it. Equally telling that Aresco didn’t raise a stink about it.

Beginning to think Kliavkov will be shown the door before the end of the month.

Believe him at your own risk.
:laughing:
https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1625316728145158147?t=vJxd1-vd5O7dYgq2myCezg&s=19

1 Like

Not sure why, but the phrase about getting more selective made me think of the ESPN web site when they used to have a comment section that was highly active, then they partnered with Facebook to use them for log in on the comments. The volume plummeted from thousands to a 10s with half being spam bots.

Then when Oregon and Washington move to the Big 10 in a few years, the Big 12 will be stuck with the two little brothers with not much value. Not a good idea to act rashly on.

2 Likes

Yeah, just like we were proud members of the AAC – until we got a B12 invitation.

1 Like

5 Likes

Funny! :rofl:

1 Like

If the Washington and Oregon stata legislators do pass those laws, does it become a poison pill for the B1G? Would it create an opportunity for the Big XII? Would the Big XII want the “state” schools? 3 8 school divisions: 8 from the PAC-10, 8 in the middle, 8 from the east/ACC

They gone.
If ever there was a gif describing the pac this is it:

Heck HE could be Leslie Nielsen:

4 Likes

There no way ND joins ACC. If ND ever joins a conference it’ll be B1G.

Oregon and Washington leaving to the BIG should be the incentive to picking up oregon st and Washington st. Think it would benefit the big12 long-term if we had market share in those states.

They have nice facilities and decent fan support. They might flourish after leaving big brother’s shadow.

Add to the big12 inventory with quality opponents.

I fully disagree about washington state and oregon state. They don’t bring enough, imo.

1 Like