Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

go after Stanford, Washington, Oregon and Cal.

4 Likes

Hmm
so they may not follow USC and UCLA

.BUT

perhaps they can still be poached!!!

1 Like

Colorado fans want to come back to Big 12 instead of staying in a gutted Pac-12

6 Likes

I think all of that talk about what they won’t do is “lip service” but when the rubber hits the road, it’s there only choice.

2 Likes

I think if all other Pac12 members stay, then B12 is raided big time and it’s AAC 2.0 for B12.

Money talks. Is a Pac12 with a central time zone more valuable than current state B12? Nationally
 I say yes.

I just hope if B12 is raided that UH is included. Would suck to be in a group of rejected rejects.

Agreed. All the irate 8 were going to make moves to the other conferences and ended up welcoming us with open arms

Whatever happens, I hope UH ends up okay. Either the Big 12 adds the quality PAC12 schools or we get an Invite to the super pac 12

7 Likes

You’d need some confidence that the bleeding out there has stopped.

The Pac-12 has lost the stability argument. Are Big 12 teams going to spend $50m+ to enter an unstable conference?

6 Likes

UH should have applied to the Big 10 yesterday. UH should have been in the Big 10 30 years ago after the SWC blew up.

4 Likes

It’s 80 mil. OU and UT having problems paying

NO WAY the PAC-12 raids the Big 12.

They are in no position to.

They were already #5 in football and basketball and just got worse.

And with the loss of the LA market, their next TV deal promises to be worse than the Big 12.

Any raid will be the other way around.

9 Likes

This is key.

A conference with UO, UW, Stanford is formidable. Can’t say any team in B12 has that clout nationally.

But will those schools stay?

What would the potential payout for the big 12 + AZ, ASU, Utah, and CU look like? I’m thinking $70-$80 mil?

No AAU

no B1G.

Any application by a non-AAU school other than ND is a waste of time.

Well we all know if LAW says it, you can take the opposite to the bank. :wink::+1:

4 Likes

Left out of the Big XII
Invited to the Big East, which promptly blew up
Teased about Big 12 invite in 2016 - Lucy pulled the ball moment
Start in Big XII in 2023 - who really knows? :rofl:

1 Like

Looking at the potential additions on that map.
A few schools that don’t make sense going to 16 could (maybe?) at 20 schools.
For example:
If you add CU then CSU.
If you add AZ and ASU then SDSU.
If you add Utah then Boise & UNLV.

2 Likes

“Berserkly” can join the WCC.

5 Likes

Why would you add schools without value? We had to wait for the bar to fall enough to get an invite. We are going to a pretty decent conference. Let’s not turn it into C-USA.

4 Likes

The value is many more games in every sport. (maybe?)
Just throwing it out on this wild night of realignment.