Okay, let’s keep the politics out.

And no personal attacks.

Thanks

3 Likes

montcoog, USC is a private school.

2 Likes

Thanks.

3 Likes

Withs Pez’s connections, he should be able to make some west coast games happen.

3 Likes

LOL, it was the power of suggestion is all it was. Those bleachers are a giant space frame, very very strong and stable. They use them on the outside of skyscrapers hundreds of feet high.

2 Likes

The small wooden shims inexplicably placed under the uprights on rain soaked grass and ground could easily have slid out from under the uprights…

1 Like

And if you stood on those temporary bleachers, they moved or rocked from side to side quite a bit. Didn’t feel safe at all, even with just one person (me) standing on it.

2 Likes

We have Wazzu, BYU, Boise State, Colorado, and Utah on future schedules so he’s getting us out West for games.

3 Likes

So back to the original thoughts on thread. I don’t care if ever play, or never play, the whorls or gaggies. The thought of either school never enters my thoughts unless I see a discussion hear. Frankly, it is not a worthwhile topic IMHO.

4 Likes

Listen to The Female Announcer, she says clearly this rivalry is “one-sided” claiming that UH calls it a rivalry. Longhorns fed into to her…

1 Like

Im pretty sure the various longhorn message boards don’t talk about us anywhere near as much as we talk about them. Same with every other opponent of theirs.

So, yes, I’d say the rivalry is all in our heads.

3 Likes

You have your opinion, I have mine.

1 Like

It’s all a siding scale. Texas probably doesn’t see us as near the rival we see them as, probably at our peak SWC days we were probably number 3 in the rivalry order to them behind OU and Aggy. Not bad, for sure.

Now to us and like everyone else in the SWC they were always number one. Because they and most of all their fans for the most part are, were, and forever will be huge d-bags.

2 Likes

I was at that game, so this is the first time I saw it Televised. I do remember the jerk fans that made me want “to reach out and touch someone”…

I attended that 2001 UT game. There were empty seats in Robertson.

1 Like

There was a book describing their Top
Ten all-time wins and the game in Austin in 1990 made #7 or #8 so there’s that :blush:

3 Likes

Didn’t the TX bathroom bill die anyway?

I don’t consider UT a rival, you have to actually play regularly to be rivals. They are just a team I hate with a passion.

2 Likes

I would put us #4 behind OU, A&M and Arkansas.

1 Like

Be that as it may, they HATED losing to us more than ANYBODY! They considered it an absolute INSULT.

1 Like