Big10 overrated

Maryland is toast.
Iowa is a more talented Loyola. And just as well coached.
I’ve thought Michigan was overrated all year.

Iowa goes to the Final Four. The other two go down to inglorious defeat.

Michigan is good but without Livers their ceiling is significantly lower.

1 Like

Bingo. I thought Michigan was the best bet for the B1G at a Finao Four run. Without him, I think they lose tomorrow. Those LSU guards are something else.

Nine teams from the Big Ten are 6-6 so far.

The Southland, Summit, SWAC, MEAC, MAC, MVC, and AAC combined for 9 teams in. Currently these 9 are 12-4.

Big 10 doesn’t have a single win over a ranked team. The motley 7 have three ranked wins.

7 Likes

The media knows if they rank the B10 teams high at the beginning they don’t have to do anything. They just live off their own intra-conference results.

Its a public relations scam developed by the eastern and Chicago rust belt media apparatus.

Ironically the west coast basically only has LA and Seattle media to counter with. They’re outmanned.

4 Likes

and yet the pac 12 might be the most underrated league this year.
ucla, usc and oregon state all looking salty

2 Likes

I talked all year about how overrated this league was but I had no idea they were absolute garbage.

Meanwhile, PAC 12 rolls on without a loss. It’s funny until you realize all of these epic fails added together equates to millions of dollars for already wealthy athletic departments.

4 Likes

Oregon has decided to join Texas in becoming a basketball state lol

4 Likes

A middle of the pack Rutgers team is no doubt the best team we have played this year, a very physical and well coached team.
So I would be careful talking about overrated. Some of you same guys also made fun of the PAC 10 for being so overrated…so you might take another look at that also.
That said, I expect another dog fight Saturday against Syracuse, a team with a great hoops history coached by one of the legends of the game.

2 Likes

No doubt the best team we played?

We beat them with Deeky hurt and terrible FT shooting. You could argue they’re the best but we have 3 losses, struggled at full strength vs Memphis twice, and also beat Tech (metrics say Tech > RU)

2 Likes

Yes they are the best team we have played to date…Deeky scored 17 points and played a game Cougar faithful will always remember and appreciate.
That said Rutgers came out and swarmed us with their defense and certainly held up their end of a physical game. And oh yeah they are well coached.
Great learning experience for our Coogs. Thank goodness Grimes stepped up and played his game as our bigs were off their game… I don’t think we played our best game, but Rutgers had something to do with that.
So yes, I stand by my statement Rutgers is a better team that Memphis.
Makes even prouder of our gutsy win…

1 Like

Deeky’s injury had more to do with our issues with Rutger than anything they did. Every issue we had was due to that fact.

2 Likes

Disagree…Where was Gorham, Gresham and Chaney? They whipped our bigs pretty badly.
Deeky, on guts alone, scored 17 points…without him we lose…

1 Like

No, they aren’t. They shot ridiculously better than hteir season averages. Shot 47% or something from three (season was 31%) and 75% from FT (Season 63%)

By your logic ECU is the best team we have played all year. They too had a ridiculously good shooting night compared to their averages… but they actually beat us.

3 Likes

With him full strength we blow Rutgers out. Remember he is the great facilitator for our team. Gorham, Gresham, and Chaney benefit from his ability to pass which no other member of the team has developed yet.

Go back and look at the first 5 minutes of the game when they could not hold Deeky at all. If he was healthy, they would have had to rotate over or attempt to double team him. Then is would have been assist central for Deeky.

Did we have a hard time beating Rutgers? Yes, but again it was because we were not at full strength not because Rutgers was super good.

1 Like

That’s laughable…Rutgers was brutal against our inside game and swarmed our outside guards…and by your logic after losing to ECU we should not have won another game…
Dang, I not sure this board would have been readable had we lost last night…and had it not been for Deeky’s inspirational leadership we would have lost…of course his 17 points helped too

No, that isn’t what any logic I used says. The fact you made that jump explains a lot.

Deeky played in pain, no doubt, but look it up he scored 17 points, one of only two players who finished in double figures. Also remember Deeky may not be at full health the rest of the playoffs…

So does that mean the next team we struggle to beat because we are out of sync because of Deeky’s injury becomes the best team we have played? Because that is the logic you are using behind your Rutgers claim.

3 Likes

Butch, I’ve got to disagree on the argument that Rutgers proved the Big10 may not be overrated. That’s using 1 game and 1 team. Look at the results of how the Big 10 has performed overall in the Tourney. As I posted in another thread, Rutgers was a bad matchup for us, and would expect every time that we would play them would be a dogfight. I would rather play any of the teams that finished ahead of them in league play.

4 Likes