Biggest Roster losses after the season

I think Jones will be back

Golden and Brown are more than adequate replacements

I agree.

I believe Jones wants to exit after this year.

1 Like

Is he thinking NFL? Probably needs to cone back

How would he be back? He is out of eligibility.

2 Likes

Covid year doesn’t count

Right. But he has played 21 and 22 here. And played 2 years in Juco.

Only a few players with significant experience return on the d-line. If you look at the two-deep roster for next year considering how bad the D played after key players went out with injuries, it’s obvious we need no less than 2 DLs that can step in to play from day one.

Tune by far then Parish (as we’ve seen already) and Dell and like dansatjr states above CDH will let us know, “we don’t have Tune anymore”, “competition level is much higher”, “breaking in new a QB - its going to be rough, we shouldn’t expect a 10 win team here, such and such is hot/on fire, yada yada yada”. It will be like a broken record as we march our way to 3-9 or something like that.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you say that up to this point, UH has seen a net benefit from the portal?

I don’t know what to expect with NIL. I suppose some star players may come to the conclusion they can make more money at a bigger school. But up to this point, UH has received better players through the portal than it has lost.

1 Like

Is he really an NFL draft prospect? I saw a recent WR ranking that had him in the 40s. Dell, that is.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he only played one year at JC

This all sounds great fellas.

I think we will win 8-9 games next year.

The next year will be more like 10-11 wins.

2 Likes

Scroll down to bottom. “Will have 2 years of eligibility remaining after transferring from Long Beach City College”. 2020 didn’t count. 2021 and 2022 are his two years.

I’m pretty sure it was brought up in preseason, he has another year of eligibility. Going by one year at JC and the Covid year he should still have another year

2021: Appeared in 12 games on the defensive line … finished the season with career-highs in tackles (17), tackles for loss (2), sacks (7), forced fumbles (4) and fumbles recovered … finished third in The American in sacks (7.0) … member of “Sack Ave.” defensive line group in 2021 … recorded and all-out defensive effort with two tackles, one tackle for loss, one sack, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery in a road victory against Tulane (Oct. 7) … recorded three tackles, and career-highs with two tackles-for-loss, two sacks, and one forced fumble against UConn (Nov. 27) … recorded at least one tackle in every game … posted a four-game multi-tackle streak (Sept. 18-Oct. 23).

2020 : Made four appearances … logged nine tackles (seven solo), 1.5 tackles for loss and one sack … posted four tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss vs. Tulane (Oct. 8) … also appeared against BYU (Oct. 16) … earned first career sack and recorded four tackles vs. UCF (Oct. 31) … made one stop at Cincinnati.

Prior to Houston : Will have two years of eligibility remaining after transferring from Long Beach (Calif.) City College … Three-star recruit by 247Sports … Ranked as No. 6 JUCO OLB prospect and No. 99 overall in 247Sport’s JUCO rankings … Recorded 62 tackles, 10.5 sacks and five interceptions during the 2019 season at Long Beach City College … Earned CCCFCA All-America first team honors … Also named to the Region III All-California team …. Was named the National Northern League’s Defensive Player of the Year … Played at Leuzinger High School … Chose Houston over Boise State, Hawai’i, New Mexico among others.

Yes, we probably have done OK in the portal, and I think it’s one area the move to the Big 12 should help us. We’re bound to attract more portal interest playing in the Big 12.

2 Likes

Sarcasm right lol, max wins next year is 4

1 Like

It might help UH if it could find another QB in the portal. I don’t see any good from playing anybody but the Arkansas QB from here on out.

3 Likes