Boise State schedule

Why are we doing a one and done with Bose State on our schedule? This makes no sense.

We play them here in 2021 and do a return game there in 2024

thanks, just didn’t see the return game. I thought the first was at their site.

1 Like

Oh boy, easy road trip for me, wish I didn’t have to wait five years. Looking forward to WSU in two years, might try to do BYU also.

1 Like

We do seem to be going west more often in the next few years.

Just a way out in left field idea here, but I wonder if the PAC invite (maybe still conditional) is going to be held - or not effective - until summer 2021, just so we can complete OOC contracts we have and not turn them into conference games yet. Maybe it’s too close with those WSU games and Oregon basketball games, such that if we announced for next football season then we’d both have huge scheduling issues, and Oregon would lose their half of the home and home contract for basketball. The year after would be the same problem for WSU getting their half of the football series. Starting 2021 would leave those OOC series intact, plus would provide time to plan out division alignments and conference scheduling.

It makes sense for us to play teams West of Texas. We have a footprint in Florida and the South (UCF, USF, Tulane, Memphis), and in the East (Temple, UCONN, ECU + Cincy).
Increase our national awareness by going West if nothing else. I was always in Mack Rhoades and Jeramiah Dickey’s ears about this

And if it creates a comfort level for the Pac12 to make an invite, more the better

2 Likes

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/25/boise-state-keeping-sweetheart-tv-deal-in-new-mountain-west-package-for-cool-1-8-million-a-season/

“That means the Broncos will receive roughly $2.9 million this year compared to $1.1 million for the rest of the league.”

1 Like

We had a home and home with Arizona, and future home and homes with Utah, , Washington State
and possibly Colorado. Doubt if its a coincidence
 PAC is Only P5 willing to play us extensively

3 Likes

Coincidence

3 Likes

Absolutely nuts that the MWC continues to pay Boise State more money
Where are they going to go? They don’t have the academics or the location that interests the PAC12 and the Big12 has no interest in them because of their location.

Would they come back to the American if they don’t get the extra money? Would the American even take them back?

2 Likes

Would ESPN be ok for Boise to Join the American? San Diego State too, or has San Diego State fallen too far?

I’m sure ESPN would probably take Boise State in the American in a heartbeat as I’m sure the conference would welcome them back as well. Problem is, Boise State likes having a conference where they make more money than the rest of their brethren (Think how UT likes being in the Big12). They really aren’t worth the trouble at this point.

SDSU wanted to be in the American, but when Boise left, and no one else would leave the MWC, they ended up returning. If BYU or someone else from the MWC was willing to join them, I think SDSU would definitely consider returning to the American. I know they are one of the ones that aren’t happy about Boise State’s special deal.

2 Likes

I think BSU is yesterday’s news.

1 Like

Boise State has a better chance of making NY6 where they are now, right? All they have to do is do good and win the MWC and hope that the AAC screws up. That’s easier than winning the AAC.

2 Likes

That’s what they’re banking on.

3 Likes

Dana mentioned another game moved to NRG announcement coming up.

"This likely means we’d sell our Boise State home game in 2021 to become the Advocare Kickoff. "

IF this one is moved.
It will burn everyone’s ass who is still fuming over the ‘Wash State Lovefest Advocare Kickoff’ on friday.

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1172874995489546240

3 Likes

So we’d play at NRG and still go to the smurf turf in the return game? Guess if Advocare pays up but that’s quite the “big name” treatment they would be getting.

Maybe it is to UH advantage to play at NRG
but I would make the price a minimum of $2 Mil

Otherwise, we play at TDECU !!

Personally, I don’t care for NRG 

1 Like

It would only be to our advantage if Pez takes control of the video clip time, band time, choice of announcers, etc.
This thread pointed out the lack of “neutral” at NRG.
Fool me once

1 Like