BOOM! c/o 2020 Kiyron Powell Commits (Update: Signed)

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1158864327798976512

12 Likes

Great pickup, and seems like a good kid.

1 Like

Should put UH around #2 class behind UVA in 247 sports :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
#goodtimes

8 Likes

Man, we are back!! And Stacked!!

3 Likes

Does this mean no Aku?

He plays for Eric Gordon’s AAU team and that is the connection to the coaching staff.

Correction he plays for a team from his home state, but in the photo he is playing at the event Gordon sponsors.

They backed off Aku to prioritize Powell this spring from all the info surrounding the recruitment.

4 Likes

I’m glad he is coming. Now can someone explain to me how someone who is rated three stars increases our class to #2? Wouldn’t we have to sign someone at least 4 and maybe 5 stars to raise our ranking to that point? I could actually care less about the star rating stuff. If CKS wants him and we got him great, that’s enough for me; I’m just trying to understand the whole class ranking stuff.

5 Likes

#metoo

1 Like

We are a top 10 basketball program again. It sure feels good.

5 Likes

This year our recruits are rated:
.9719 Mark
.9337 Shead
.9100 Powell

Last year:
.9285 Roberts
.8951 Mills
.8678 Sasser
.9967 Grimes 5 star we get no credit for in recruiting because transfer
Also Tyson whom I can’t find a rating for numerically.

Our recruit rankings are trending up.

5 Likes

Oh man 2020 is gonna be goooooood.

5 Likes

That’s bogus, Powell should be at least a 0.9103. The Cougar Hate is real.

10 Likes

It’s easy…

Duke, Kentucky and Memphis (until they get caught) !!

1 Like

Yes sir! 2020 isgonna be really good. But so is 2019! I am really excited about what we have in hand this season!

1 Like

Their formula is based on total points, not average rating. Each commit helps your ranking, even if it lowers the average rating. We are ranked so high right now in part because we have more commits than most top programs. We won’t finish this high, though of course we have great commits.

3 Likes

Gotcha. I was just wondering because KY already has a 4 and 5 star and are the favorite to sign two more 5 stars

Really hard to get a big man with .9+ composite. They are rare and they tend toward the blue bloods even moreso than the top guards.

Much less from Evansville Indiana, the heart of B10 country.

5 Likes
5 Likes

This shows you why I’m not a recruiting guy stats guy. It’s 2019 and I just learned about this percentage thing.