BOOM Corey Platt Jr! Tulane LB Transfer!

…Corey Platt Jr…
Ex Tulane linebacker

50 Likes

HERE WE GO!!!

Let’s go DEFENSE!

15 Likes

NICE!

1 Like

We need linebackers. Great news.

17 Likes

I hope Tulane fans can find it in their hearts to understand our situation. I thank them for their compliance and recognize this is a tough time for their football program.

36 Likes

We are back on the Ship!

#SAILING

8 Likes

Thank you. Its been a long time since the last boom.

2 Likes

He missed most of the season with a torn Achilles

first of many former tulane players coming to the coogs, they jump to a power conference with their coach !

1 Like

He had 25 tackles 2 TFL 1 sack/int in 2022 as a freshman. Then only played 1 game this year bc of Achilles tear. He had 15 tackles 1 sack last year in that one game. Dude is a stud

19 Likes

We know the feeling. I remember when we had a coach named Art Briles and a commitment from a QB named Robert Griffin III. We all know how that ended-up.

8 Likes

Hoping the Achilles is fully recovered and stays intact going forward.

Case Keenum. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Truly a blessing.

2 Likes

6-8 months for full recovery…He should be ready to go by May, at latest… Welcome, Cory!

5 Likes

We know it all too well my friend. I think Tulane fans are handling this about as well as any fanbase:

https://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=58224

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoreyPlattJr/status/1733226864221589567?t=WYcoeyhGd1Vw8_c0nWE-cw&s=19

Has 3 yrs eligibility left. UH needs bodies on Defense. I’m sure WF will be careful on who comes over to UH, as it’s step up in Conference competition.
In Fritzy We Trusty!! :smiley:

2 Likes

From their site…
“We know very well that he had a part in the Offers extended by Houston’s OL Coach last week while still collecting a Tulane paycheck.”

I remember we said the same kind of stuff about Briles. Some said he was telling recruits he was heading to Baylor at the end of the year.

I just don’t think we did anything like that. For one, it wasn’t until late in the season we decided to get a new coach.

They are talking about a few days before Fritz was officially hired here.

Welcome Corey to the UH family! This is where it starts to be fun …for the City !
Go Coogs !