BOOM! Former 4* USC and OU CB Latrell McCutchin commits to UH

Yep. texas fans are eating this transfer up.

1 Like

Seems in basketball no one is held to that rule….they must be handing out waivers by the dozens.

That’s three now right?

LA is not the same everywhere….bet not near as many guys transfer from UCLA.

Does he have a brother that committed to UH last year?

Yup

Is he expected to start right away? Some ut player seems to think that he will just come in and start.
https://twitter.com/rLonghornNation/status/1673860334069710849?cxt=HHwWgoC8_d7G37ouAAAA

He got a decent amount of playing fine at USC, so I’m sure he’ll be in the mix here.

1 Like

I’m sure this video will motivate him.

Does he have one year to play? He has some good experience to help us out.
Go B12 Coogs !

I know 2 for sure… If it’s 3 that’s definitely a pipeline! :grin:

1 Like

It’s already getting heated up. I can’t imagine the tension in that stadium that night.

5 Likes

I can just imagine all of the storylines that the cows will push all week. They might have a drinking game for the number of bleachgate references. Does anyone know the all time record between the two schools?

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Moved From Football: 3rd Ward Gentrification Discussion

How easy or difficult will it be to get that waiver? Any info you have is appreciated.

The new transfer rule allows him immediate eligibility.

From the below linked article: “Athletes have the opportunity to leave what they believe to be greener pastures, and any coaching change potentially triggers major roster turnover.”

1 Like

I went Taylor. Small world.

2 Likes

Nickel was a position in the secondary where USC struggled to get consistency. Jaylin Smith, Latrell McCutchin and Max Williams handled most of the work at that position last season.

Lincoln Riley believes the Trojan defense has shown** signs of improvement in spring ball**. It hasn’t only been due to the new transfer additions.

“There’s just more good players on the field, and some of the players we brought back are more physically developed and a little bit bigger and a little bit stronger,” Riley said. “We feel a little sturdier to me as whole, which was a goal for us that we talked a lot about in the offseason, so it’s been extremely competitive.”

Williams’ struggles in coverage and McCutchin’s tackling struggles helped undo a lot of the good work and play in the Trojan secondary. In retrospect, the late-season injuries that conspired to make Smith an odd man out once Bryson Shaw stepped into the lineup may have been an underestimated factor in USC’s struggles. Smith had a modest overall Pro Football Focus grade of 65.2 but an exceptional tackling grade of 80.3.

If he starts our secondary is trash. He should not start unless of injury. Nice depth piece.

1 Like

I moved the gentrification discussion part of this thread to Politics, was more of an off topic tangent.

3 Likes

If his worst case is a depth piece that’s great. Going into the Big 12 we need it

3 Likes

Got to get a 5 star DB to make you happy

2 Likes