Boom! Kordelius Jefferson Commits! 4 ⭐️ Combo Guard

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Age can get all of us at some point.

2 Likes

OK RW, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I modified it. :smiley:

2 Likes

You don’t know the half of it, I mix up names all the time.

1 Like

Oh I do! Its actually 3/4 of the time. :grin::smiley:
All the best to ya Mr. Mike!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1526393322570452992

12 Likes

I like it when the first thing a recruit says is “national championship.”

We are beyond blessed to have Sampson enter our collective sports lives. I’ll say it again. The most “transformational” hire of my lifetime.

The Sampson School of basketball is built to last.

13 Likes

Who gets credit for the Sampson hire, its almost like he found the job for himself.

2 Likes

I know. I guess we have to give credit where it is due.

Its always interesting hearing CKS talk about his return to college basketball

Two things i recall:

*Coach Sampson had a conversation with his father, about returning to college to be a Head Coach

*And Kellen Sampson, and the staff at Appalachian State being fired in 2014. Kellen, being out of a job, might been the motivation Kelvin needed to return to college.

Rhenu and Mack Rhoades obviously deserve the credit

4 Likes

ME!

Seriously months before hearing his name as a candidate I sent Mack an email in short saying we had the perfect fit already in Houston. Not only a proven coach but one who would bring a splash to the program.

Likely had zero influence but needless to say I was quite excited with the eventual news and hire.

11 Likes

Kellen Sampson and other coaches fired on March 10, 2014

Less than 1 month later. UH hires Kelvin

3 Likes

I think Bill Worrell was about as influential as anyone in getting CKS to UH.

15 Likes

Worrell, i don’t know that story

Connect the dots.

the tillman fertitta/mack rhoades working connection forever changed UH… rhoades made a ton of promises to Sampson backed by fertitta to get him here

and when Tillman intervened for us in the big 12 stuff, the person he was in contact with was mack rhoades who was in charge of the big 12 expansion committee

21 Likes

I would like to think it happened that way.

Tillman and Renu told Rhodes who to hire.

2 Likes

thats not true… its also funny to think renu is that deep in the college basketball circles to be finding sleeper hires. i get rhoades left but credit where credit is due

6 Likes

Credit goes to Bill Worell. Rhoades just happened to occupy the AD position at that time

8 Likes