Boom! Kyler Edwards

I hear you. 6’8" shooter on this team would be freaking amazing. Also hopefully Walker would be cool not really playing next year.

Chemistry issues worry me but I trust CKS more than anyone else. If we get Kopp I’ll still be pumped but I’m good if we’re done.

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/1382401099278221313?s=19

6 Likes

WE GOT OUR GUY! LETS GOOOOO! (Just seeing the news ha)

1 Like

So, it appears Edwards’ decision was based on Andrew Jones choosing to stay at UT?

He was coming to UH, regardless.

1 Like

maybe he saw our interest in baker and decided he better act now

Sampson finally beat Beard on a recruit :smiley:

6 Likes

I think a lot of people may be underestimating Shead’s value next year. I think this guy is Rob Gray and Galen Robinson rolled up in one.

6 Likes

I would love for that to be true, but I don’t see it. I see Shead as more of a Marcus Sasser type player, minus the 3 point shooting. Both can run the point and both are (or can be) great on ball defenders. Both can take it strong and finish in the paint. But Shead’s outside shot this year was terrible. I don’t see Shead ever being the scorer that Rob was.

First of all you need to stop looking at stats with his inconsistent playing time.

Shead is a better ball handler, quicker with the ball in his hands and a potentially an elite defender.

I think Shead will be a better and more explosive version of GROB.
Sasser is a much better comparison to Corey Davis

11 Likes

Kopp plays with a chip on his shoulder. I like his mindset.

2 Likes

And you can tell CKS LOOOOVVVEESSS Shead’s game…

1 Like

RWCoog…The nail on the head. Good read.

2 Likes

Hey, I’d love nothing more than to be wrong. My assessment of Shead wasn’t based on his stats. It was based on what I saw with my eyes. He saw quite a few minutes early on in the season and looked good, but there’s a LOT of room for growth, especially his outside shot. He is much more effective offensively when he’s driving, because, like you said, he has good handles and is very quick. His outside shot this year was terrible and most of the looks he missed on were wide open. Not saying he won’t improve; in fact, I think he will. And I agree a good comp would be Galen, but I just don’t see a Galen/Rob combo in him.

1 Like

Sh*t gotten real. MAJOR! Starter!

Jacob Baker may be that player!

NO. STOP. He has nowhere near Gray’s game. Rob was a SG. Stop.

I can beat Shead in a 3 pt contest.

1 Like

Stay tuned and Archive well…

2 Likes

Why would he go to Texas. Beard is a great coach but he needs to establish his culture at UT, and it’s going to take him a bit to make that school into a Final Four team. Lack of depth could be a problem in year 1. Need to get a bunch of players & egos in place and Edwards is ready to win now.

Alright now I’m HYPED!!!

I love adding Edwards for two main reasons:

1. He comes from a championship program that mirrors ours so closely. He expects and knows to bring the hustle and intensity on every play.
  2. Has been on a Final Four/National Championship Game team and can add valuable maturity, levelheadedness and leadership.

While it is great our young guy got to experience the F4 I just worry about their youth and leadership. Edwards, Carlton, Moore and potentially Kopp help balance that out along with White and Chaney.

I’m excited for this roster and think we can be pretty salty next year. I have every faith that CKS and Co. can continue to make the team chemistry work.

LET’s GOOOOOOO!!!

4 Likes