*Boom* Walk-On Sherman Smith Running Back & Athlete

I know how serious yall are about your booms but I have been waiting to do this for over a year now. My baby made the team and will be joining the boys for Spring ball. God is good. Truly a happy moment for my family. What a blessing to be joining the team as they walk into the Big 12.

123 Likes

Congratulations to your son and your family. What a special moment!

17 Likes

Woohoooo!

5 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: Congratulations!

2 Likes

Finally - a BOOM that delivers! :grinning:

Awesome.

12 Likes

Who is your son so we can cheer him on?

1 Like

Congratulations! We’ll be rooting him on!!

2 Likes

All the best to your son.Happy he is a Coog. Eat’em Up!

4 Likes

Congrats where did he play high school ball?

1 Like

Woot woot! Congrats!

2 Likes

BOOM!

3 Likes

Awesome :clap:

Congrats to your son and family.

It is a big deal when you have a kid play D-1 ball.

Puff that chest out a bit.

6 Likes

WONDERFUL NEWS AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I can’t wait to watch him on the field!!!

2 Likes

His name is Sherman Smith. He played 3 years at Katy High School and his senior year at Tompkins High School. Class of 2021. Has not played since, so he has 5 years of eligibility left. He was a running back at Katy. He played mix of running back and full back at Tompkins. He is 5’8 206 pounds. Senior year at Tompkins 75 carries, 552 yards, 7.4 yards per carry, 7 touch downs, 11 receptions 152 receiving yards, 2 receiving touchdowns. At Katy he was the back up to Deondrick Glass 19-20 season he had 45 carries, 324 yards, 4 touchdowns, 7.2 yards per carry and for 18-19 season had 112 carries 907 yards, 8.1 yards per carry, 13 touchdowns.

37 Likes

Sounds like a GREAT prospect!!!

6 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

Next year you can post on of those cool videos of a walk-on getting in a full scholarship!!!

7 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

A great moment. Congrats.

3 Likes

Awesome! Go Coogs!

2 Likes