Boom!

https://twitter.com/aubreyCsmith503/status/1653453309926326272?s=20

Aubry Smith, '22 Colorado LB, transfers to UH. Offered by Alabama and others out of high school.

33 Likes

Boom!

1 Like

Bam :boom:

1 Like

BIM!

1 Like

My only thing is why did Prime run him out the door if he’s good?

3 Likes

Maybe it was his choice? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Another very talented player on defense. Belk has really turned this defenses around on paper. We are a lot bigger faster and stronger, let’s see if he can coach them up. Talent won’t be an excuse

13 Likes

Bigger faster stronger , is he bionic?

1 Like

Prime did not run this one out. He left on his own free will.

24 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1653466494821629952?t=VomUbe5a0XpqHl5MjRkm0w&s=19

Plenty of time to develop this one. 3 yrs eligibility left.

8 Likes

Good prospect.

Need one or two more BIG OLs.

5 Likes

I asked a Colorado fan on Twitter.

He said Deon did not give this kid the boot and that he entered on his own.
Also said the kid had a lot of talent and was disappointed to see him go.

17 Likes

This is a big time add.

13 Likes

Not everyone is as enthralled with Prime as some of our posters. When you are on a team and have made friendships – even a brotherhood – and some flashy dude comes in and basically tells most of said friends to hit the road, it just may not create an endearing opinion of the egotistical A-hole. Maybe Smith was one that took exception to Prime and his methods. But then, some may love his schtick.

20 Likes

4 star out of Buford HS in Buford, Ga (2022 class). That’s another Doug Belk relationship signing. That Buford program in north Georgia is comparable to North Shore. If we could ever get a few of them every few years, watch out!

8 Likes

I think a good rule of thumb is get as many kids in the door that had a Bama offer as possible. Some may not pan out, but in general Saban doesn’t offer bums

17 Likes

Welcome to the Coog family Aubrey! I look forward to watching you play.

6 Likes

Does this sound like someone Prime would, “run out the door?”

Returning Colorado linebacker Aubrey Smith earns his No. 32 back (yahoo.com)

“On Wednesday, Colorado linebacker Aubrey Smith took back his No. 32, joining tight end Louis Passarello, safety Trevor Woods and linebackers Marvin Ham II and Isaac Hurtado as returning players who’ve impressed the new coaching staff.”

5 Likes

Part of the Alton trade lol

27 Likes

Imagine as a kid or parent….you signed with Colorado out of HS and were a valued recruit that became a valued player….you then spent the next 3-4 years of your life representing your university as a player and a student….You were a semester or two away from graduating and playing your senior year….
Then the King of the Prima Donnas shows up at your school and likens you to old furniture while telling you to get lost.

10 Likes