Bowl projections

I’m not conceding the Cincy game, I think we have a decent chance to win that game. Yes, they are playing for a spot in the CFP; but our guys also have a lot to play for such as the AAC Championship and an NY6 bowl. We will be pumped as well.

8 Likes

Jerry Palm is worthless…. He’ll sometimes go weeks without making any updates and then throw out crap when he does.

Ignore CBS sports

That would be a minimum Sam. I think it will be higher since we only beat SMU by one score, it is likely that those who haven’t seen us play will make us underdogs by two td’s.

ESPN + - Air Force in Ft Worth (x2)
SI - Boston College in Fenway
USA Today - Auburn in Birmingham
Sporting News - Mississippi State in Birmingham
CBS Sports - San Diego State in Dallas
Athlon - South Carolina in Birmingham
247 - North Texas in Ft Worth

2 Likes

Which is why we need to win this game.

4 Likes

If and I’m saying cause I think we win Saturday, but if we lose I’m hoping Birmingham vs SEC. Preferably LSU or Florida or Auburn

2 Likes

Same. The Family and I can drive to B-Ham for the game.

Also, they have Whataburger and Buc-cees in the area now, so it’s just like home (:wink:).

5 Likes

If we don’t win on Saturday, give me Fenway!

We owe BC and Flutie!

3 Likes

Can I crash at your place then?

I have watched baseball in Fenway, I’m not up for football there; it would be a horrible venue. Yes, it has nostalgia for baseball; but not for football.

1 Like

There’s no way ESPN is going to let us play a 6-6 CUSA team after an 11-2 season.

1 Like

After a 12-1 season we will be in the Fiesta Bowl.

5 Likes

Arizona is nice this time of year :blush:

2 Likes

No to: AF and North Texas. That’s just meh

2 Likes

Not unless we actually jump Cincy if we beat them and are ahead of San Diego State. And are ranked in the Top 12 of CFP. That is an auto-qualifier under the current rules. Nothing to stop the CFP to put us in a NY6 bowl as an at-large, but that won’t happen.

It’s simple, root for the cougars and the aggies(Utah State) this weekend and we’ll be in a NY6 bowl. If both won, the CFP can’t find any way to stop us from a NY6 bowl

If we beat cincy we only need to be ahead of SDSU you can’t get an auto NY6 bid unless you win your conference.

4 Likes

Literally, if SDSU beats Utah State AT HOME, who cares…

When we beat Cincy AT CINCY…
That is a VERY big deal.

We should absolutely be ranked higher and be awarded the NY6…

But…never underestimate the ability of this “Committee” to screw things up. We should easily already be ranked no higher than 14-15. SDSU should be around 18…these Bozos can’t find their *** with two hands.

3 Likes

Right. And the Top 12 rule Coogjazz is thinking of is the requirement to get an at-large spot. Highest ranked G5 conference champ gets a NY6 spot. It’s simple enough. And in my opinion it’s close to a lock that will be us if we win. The committee does some weird stuff but to not jump us two spots in the lower rankings over SDSU after beating the #4 team on the road with them beating an unranked team at home would be at odds with how they’ve generally operated.

Maaaaaaybe if SDSU wins 70-0 or something and we barely win on a last second fluke play I’ll be slightly worried.

But I guess if we’re rooting for every scenario that can help you should also root for Utah to lose so that it devalues that win on SDSU’s resume if SDSU wins.

1 Like

Birmingham is a terrible location. Nothing else to do there. Fall/Ft Worth close and Boston has sight seeing.
#GoCoogs!

2 Likes